The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) released a notice on its official website about the SSC CHSL 2022. The application forms for Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Examination 2022 is open from the 6th of December 2022 and interested candidates have time up to the 4th of January 2023 to apply for the same.
As per the notice, Tier-I examinations will be conducted in February and March 2023 and the date for the Tier-II examination will be notified later. This year, SSC has come up with more than 400 vacancies and candidates can read the complete article to know about the Vacancies available, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Steps to apply, and Salary structure of these vacancies.
Table of Contents
SSC CHSL 2022 Vacancies
- As per the notification, there are approx 4500 vacancies.
- However, firm vacancies will be determined in due course by SSC. And updated vacancies, if any, along with Post-wise & category-wise vacancies will be made available on the website of the Commission in due course.
- Candidates may note that State-wise/ Zone-wise vacancies are not collected by the Commission.
Eligibility for SSC CHSL 2022
- Candidate must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- The age limit for the posts is 18-27 years as of 01/01/2022 i.e. the candidates should have been born between 02/01/1995 and 01/01/2004 to apply for SSC CHSL 2022.
- Kindly note, there are certain relaxations in age criteria for candidates coming from reserved categories, and interested candidates can find out about it on the official notification.
- A passport-size photograph
- Signature of the candidate
- A copy of your Aadhaar card, and if the Aadhaar Number is not available, then candidates can submit any one of the following ID proof:
- Voter ID Card
- Driving License
- School/ College ID
- Employer ID
- Information about the Board, Roll Number, and Year of Passing the Matriculation (10th) Examination
- Disability Certificate Number, if the candidate is a person with a benchmark disability
SSC CHSL 2022: How to apply?
- Visit the official website of SSC
- On the Homepage, click on the ‘New User? Register Now’ provided in the ‘Login’ section
- After completion of the registration process, log in to the portal by using your Registration Number and password
- Now, click on the link given to apply in the ‘Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2021’ section under the ‘Latest Notifications’ tab
- Fill in the required details and upload the required documents followed by the fee payment
- Lastly, download the application form and keep it for future reference
- While filling up the application forms, candidates will need to pay an application fee of Rs. 100.
- However, women candidates and candidates who are eligible for reservation under SC, ST, PwD, and Ex-servicemen quota are exempted from payment of the fee.
- Fee can be paid online through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, or by using Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit cards or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan
- Online fees can be paid by candidates up to 05-01-2023 (23:00 hours). However, candidates who wish to make a cash payment through the challan of SBI may make payment in cash at the Branches of SBI within the working hours of the bank up to 06- 01-2023 provided the challan has been generated by them before 04-01-2023 (23:00 hours).
Exam Pattern (Tier I)
- The Tier-I Exams will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set in English and Hindi for Parts II, III & IV.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer.
- The paper will have 100 questions and candidates will get 60 minutes to complete it.
|Parts||Subjects||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
To know about the Exam pattern and syllabus of the SSC CHSL 2022 (Tier-II), candidates can go through the official notification by clicking here.
Salary after selection in SSC CHSL 2022
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Level-2 (Rs. 19,900 – 63,200)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500 – 81,100) and Level-5 (Rs. 29,200 – 92,300)
- Data Entry Operator, Grade ‘A’: Pay Level-4 (Rs. 25,500 – 81,100)
|Opening of Application Portal||06-12-2022|
|Last date to submit forms||04-01-2023|
|Last date for making online fee payment||05-01-2023|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of the Bank)||06-01-2023|
|Opening of Correction Window||09-01-2023|
|Closing of Correction Window||10-01-2023|
|Schedule of SSC CHSL 2022 (Tier-I) Exams||Feb-Mar, 2023|
|Schedule of SSC CHSL 2022 (Tier-II) Exams||To be notified later|
For more education news, click here.