The Assam Public Service Commission (APSC) has released the advertisement for the Combined Competitive Examination (CCE), 2022 for recruitment to various Services/ Posts of the Government of Assam. The application portal for APSC CCE 2022 will open on the 26th of December, 2022. And interested candidates will have time upto the 26th of January to submit their forms.
This year, APSC is looking to recruit eligible candidates for 26 roles or designations and the total vacancies available is 793. As per the notification, the Preliminary Examination will tentatively be held on 26th March 2023 (Sunday) and Main Examination is tentatively scheduled for July or August 2023.
Table of Contents
Who can apply?
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 38 years of age on 01-01-2022.
- The candidate must hold a Degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess such qualification as may be declared equivalent by the Government.
- A candidate should be able to speak Assamese or other official languages or associate official languages of the State or any of the tribal languages of the State.
- A candidate should be registered in a District Employment Office of Assam to apply for APSC CCE 2022.
- A candidate must be an original inhabitant of Assam.
- Candidates must possess the prescribed qualification on the date of submission of their applications.
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities should ascertain the post for which a particular category of disability is entitled to the reservation as per the advertisement and should apply/opt for the preference accordingly at the time of submission of forms for the Main Examination.
- As per Govt. notification no. ABP.69/2079/17, dated 06/11/2019, candidates have to submit a declaration regarding “The Small Family Norms” in Form-A at the time of applying for the APSC CCE 2022 (Prelims) Examination.
|Name of Service||Vacancies||Reserved for Women|
|Assam Civil Service||86||24|
|Assam Police Service||65||18|
|Superintendent of Taxes||8||0|
|Superintendent of Excise||1||0|
|District Transport Officer||1||0|
|Assam Finance Service||20||3|
|Block Development Officer||44||11|
|Assistant Manager, District Industries Centre||6||0|
|Administrative Officer, Minorities Dev. Board||1||0|
|Cooperative Education Officer||1||0|
|Inspector of Taxes||23||4|
|Inspector of Labour||4||0|
|Inspector of Excise||21||3|
|Assistant Employment Officer||2||0|
|Assistant Audit Officier (Assam Audit Service)||77||20|
|Assistant Accounts Officier (Assam Audit Service)||415||122|
|Guidance Counsellor, Secondary Education||1||0|
|Research Assistant, Irrigation||3||0|
|Assistant Public Relations Officier, Irrigation||1||0|
|Assistant Research Officer, Irrigation||1||0|
|Registrar, Industrial Tribunal||1||0|
|Research Assistant, Transport Survey||1||0|
|Assistant Research Officer, Minorities Dev. Board||1||0|
|Research Assistant, Minorities Dev. Board||1||0|
How to apply for APSC CCE 2022?
- Visit the official website of APSC
- Click on the link saying ‘Online Recruitment Portal’ given in the Important Links section
- Now, from the given options, go to the link for applying to APSC CCE 2022
- Next, click on the ‘Registration’ button and get yourselves registered
- Once done, click on the login button and fill up all the details as asked in the application portal
- Upload the necessary documents and pay the application fees
- Lastly, download the application form for APSC CCE 2022 for future references
All the candidates who wish to apply for APSC CCE 2022 need to pay an application fee as follows:
|General/ EWS||Rs. 297.20|
|SC/ ST/ OBC/ MOBC||Rs. 197.20|
|Women Candidate||Rs. 47.20|
APSC CCE 2022: Stages of Exam
The will have 2 stages, which are the Preliminary Examination and the Mains Exam (Written Test & Interview). The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of objective-type questions of two hours duration and 200 marks each.
- General Studies I
- General Studies II (This paper is of qualifying nature)
Once the preliminary examination is over, APSC will permit candidates to appear in Mains and Interview rounds on the basis of their scores in the Preliminary Examination. Usually, APSC allows 11 to 12 times of candidates compared to the vacancies available to be admitted to the written part of the Main Examination. And this selection will be strictly on the basis of merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per the prescribed law in force.
The written examination shall consist of six papers of conventional essay type/ objective type with limited words. Marks obtained in the Interview for the Personality Test shall be counted for ranking. The overall marking scheme for the second stage of APSC CCE 2022 will be as follows:
|Papers||Type of Paper||Marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||Essay||250||3 hours|
|Papers 2 to 6||General Studies||250 for each paper||3 hours each|
|Interview Test||(After qualifying in the written test)||275|
For more Education news, click here.