The Centre for Distance and Online Education (CDOE) of Tezpur University is inviting online applications for admission into various Post-Graduate Programmes, they are offering for the spring semester (session 2023-24) under Distance Education Mode. The application portal for Tezpur University Distance Education programmes is open from January 20th, 2023, and interested candidates have time upto 31st of March 2023 to submit their forms.
The CDOE, Tezpur University also known as the Centre for Open and Distance Learning was established in 2011 with the aim of disseminating knowledge and imparting quality education through open and distance learning modes. All the courses offered by CDOE, Tezpur University are approved by Distance Education Bureau, UGC. So, students who wish to apply for Tezpur University Distance Education programmes can find complete details, starting from the courses offered, eligibility criteria, to the fee structure in this detailed article.
Table of Contents
Here is the list of Tezpur University Distance Education programmes, along with their eligibility criteria and duration of the course:
|Name of the program||Eligibility||Minimum Duration||Maximum Duration|
|MA in Mass Communication and Journalism||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline||4 semesters||8 semesters|
|MA in English||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline||4 semesters||8 semesters|
|MA in Sociology||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline||4 semesters||8 semesters|
|Diploma in Human Resource Management||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline||2 semesters||4 semesters|
|Diploma in Environmental and Disaster Management||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline||2 semesters||4 semesters|
|Diploma in Child Rights and Governance||Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline||2 semesters||4 semesters|
Before filling up the form the candidate shall be ready with the following documents:
- Scanned copy of their photograph
- Scanned Signature
- HSLC Marksheet
- HSLC Admit Card
- HSLC Pass Certificate
- HS Marksheet
- HS Pass Certificate
- Employment ID Card if employed
- Valid Photo ID Proof (PAN/ Voter ID Only)
- UG Degree Final/Consolidated Mark Sheet
- UG Degree Final Pass Certificate/Provisional Pass Certificate
- Caste Certificate (If Applicable)
How to apply?
- First of all, visit the registration portal of CDOE, Tezpur University
- Then, candidates will need to click on the ‘Register’ button and get themselves registered
- Once done, they can log in to the portal and then activate their account by verifying their mail id
- Next, choose the desired program from the dashboard
- Fill in all the relevant educational and personal details, and upload a photograph and signature, along with all documents listed above
- Preview the Application form and make the required modification and then proceed
- Lastly, candidates will be directed to the payment dashboard, where they will need to pay the application fees, and then they can submit the form
- Kindly, download the application form for Admission to Tezpur University Distance Education courses and keep it safe for future reference
During the registration process for Admission to Tezpur University Distance Education courses, candidates belonging to the General/ OBC/ OBC-NCL category will be asked to pay Rs. 500 as an application fee. However, the application fees will be Rs. 250 only for candidates belonging to SC, ST, EWS, and PWD categories.
Along with the application fee mentioned above, candidates will also need to deposit the programme fees for their respective courses, as mentioned below:
|Name of the programme||Fees|
|MA in Mass Communication and Journalism||Rs. 16,950|
|MA in English||Rs. 16,300|
|MA in Sociology||Rs. 16,300|
|Diploma in Human Resource Management||Rs. 10,450|
|Diploma in Environmental and Disaster Management||Rs. 11,800|
|Diploma in Child Rights and Governance||Rs. 11,800|
- The Self-Learning Materials for these courses are usually uploaded to CDOE webpage in PDF Format. And the printed materials are provided by CDOE, Tezpur University on payment of processing and postage fee of Rs. 1000/- per semester.
- Also, the Examination form has to be filled up separately toward the end of the semester. And an examination fee of Rs. 500/- has to be paid per course, including the project.
- For more information, candidates can go through the prospectus for Admission to Tezpur University Distance Education courses by clicking here.
For more educational news, click here.