The Indian Institute of Management has recently released a detailed advertisement for the registration of CAT 2022. The Common Admission Test will be conducted to admit students into various Post Graduate and Fellow/ Doctorate programmes of IIMs. Along with IIMs, the scores of CAT will also be used by a few other institutes for their admission procedures.
The registration portal for CAT 2022 is open from the 3rd of August, and interested candidates can fill out their forms before the 14th of September, 2022. The Indian Institutes of Management is planning to conduct the computer-based test on November 27, 2022.
Table of Contents
Who can apply?
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- However, in the case of candidates belonging to the SC, ST, and PwD categories, they will need a minimum of 45% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Candidates who have completed a professional degree [CA/ CS/ ICWA/ Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries of India (FIAI)] with the required percentage can also apply.
- Candidates who are appearing this time for the final year examinations of their Bachelor’s degree or are awaiting results are also eligible.
Steps to apply for CAT 2022
- First of all, visit the official website of CAT 2022
- Click on the ‘Register’ button and enter your basic details and submit the registration form
- Once done, you will receive a User ID and Password in your registered mobile number and email address, which you will use to login into the application portal
- Now, visit the home page of the website, and click on Login
- After logging into the portal, click on the link saying “Go to Application Form”
- Next, fill out your personal details, academics info, and work experience, then choose your preferred programmes to study, and lastly select cities for appearing in the examination
- That’s it, now pay the registration fees and submit the application form
- Also, don’t forget to download your form and payment receipt for future references
Alternatively, candidates can check out this tutorial and fill up their forms for CAT 2022:
During the form fillup for CAT 2022, candidates will be asked to pay ₹2300 as the registration fee. However, the fee is relaxed a bit for students from certain categories, and so students from SC, ST, and PwD categories will need to pay ₹1150 only.
- The CAT 2022 will be conducted on November 27, 2022 (Sunday) in 3 sessions.
- There will be 40 minutes for candidates to answer the questions of each section, and they will not be allowed to switch sections while answering questions in a section.
- The sections are as follows:
- Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Section III: Quantitative Ability
- The test paper will have both MCQ and non-MCQ type questions, however, the number of questions varies and is not disclosed on the official website.
- For MCQ-type questions, 3 marks will be awarded for correct answers, 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect answers, and no marks for unattempted questions.
- Whereas for questions other than MCQs, 3 marks will be assigned for every correct answer and no marks will be deducted for incorrect or unattempted answers.
Once the examination is conducted successfully, IIMs will release the scorecards for CAT 2022 by the 2nd week of January 2023. And IIMs will start admitting students on the basis of these scores into various programmes. Though a candidate’s performance in the entrance test will be an important component for consideration in the selection process, respective IIMs can also have their own set of rules & eligibility criteria for admissions. And IIMs may also use the previous academic performance of the candidates, relevant work experience, and other similar inputs in short-listing candidates at various stages of the admission process.
|Opening of Application Portal
|3rd August 2022
|Last date to apply for CAT 2022
|14th September 2022
|Release of Admit Cards
|27th October 2022
|Date of Examination
|27th November 2022
|Declaration of Results
|2nd week of January 2023 (tentative)
Some Proformas and Forms
|Final Year Certificate
|SC/ ST Certificate
|Disability Certificate (PwD) – Form – V
|Disability Certificate (PwD) – Form – VI
|Disability Certificate (PwD) – Form – VII
For more Education news, click here.