The National Testing Agency (NTA) released notification of UGC NET 2023 June cycle for Indian nationals for ‘Assistant Professor’ and ‘Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges. This examination will be conducted thrice this year and the fellowship cycle will be on its original period.
University Grants Commission (UGC) each year entrusts NTA to conduct UGC NET. The NTA will conduct UGC NET June 2023 cycle for 83 subjects in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. The application form is live and candidates can follow the given steps here to apply for the examination.
Table of Contents
UGC NET 2023 June cycle: Eligibility Criteria
There are a few basic and essential eligibility criteria for the candidates to follow. They are described below:
- General-Unreserved/ General-EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in a Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/ institutions recognized by UGC
- The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer/ Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Persons with Disability (PwD)/ Third gender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for the examination
- Candidates belonging to the Third gender category are eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age, and Eligibility Criteria for NET (i.e. JRF and Assistant Professor) as are available to SC/ ST/ PwD categories
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination has been completed by 19 September 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in UGC NET 2023 June cycle.
UGC NET 2023 June cycle: Exam Pattern
The marking scheme for UGC NET 2023 June cycle is the same as the earlier cycles. The details are provided below:
- The Test will consist of two papers. Both papers will consist of 150 objective-type, multiple-choice questions. And all the questions will be compulsory.
- Candidates will get 03 hours (180 minutes) to complete both papers and there will be no breaks in between.
- The medium of the Question Paper shall be in English & Hindi only except for language papers.
- Each question will carry 02 (two) marks. So. for each correct response, a candidate will get 02 marks. And there is no negative marking for incorrect responses.
|The questions in Paper I intends to assess the teaching/ research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, reading comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
|50 Questions – 100 Marks
|This is based on the subject (one of the 83 subjects) selected by the candidate and will assess his/ her domain knowledge
|100 Questions – 200 Marks
How to apply for UGC NET 2023 June cycle?
The candidates need to follow the given steps to apply for UGC NET 2023 June cycle:
- The candidates need to visit the official Website of UGC NET
- Scroll below and click on the link saying ‘Application for UGC NET June 2023’ in the Candidate Activity section
- Register yourself with an Email and Phone Number
- Fill in all the necessary credentials and pay the required fees for the exam
- Download the completed Application Form for further reference
The category-wise application fees for UGC NET 2023 June cycle are provided below:
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Third Gender
UGC NET June 2023 cycle: Important Dates
|Opening of the application portal
|10th May 2023
|Closing of the application portal
|31st May 2023 (upto 05:00 PM)
|Last date for successful transaction of Examination fee
|1st June 2023 (upto 11:50 PM)
|Correction in the Particulars of Application Form online only
|2nd & 3rd June 2023 (upto 11:50 PM)
|Admit Cards release dates
|To be announced later
|Dates of Examination
|13th to 22nd June 2023
|Timing of Examination
|1st Shift: 09:00 am to 12:00 pm
2nd Shift: 03.00 pm to 06.00 pm
For more educational news, click here