Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) released a public notice on 6 April 2022 regarding the conduct of the Combined Medical Services Examination, or UPSC CMS 2022. The application portal for CMS 2022 is open now and the last date to submit the Applications is 26 April 2022 till 6:00 pm. This year, the examination will be conducted on 17 July 2022.
The UPSC CMS 2022 is held for the recruitment of Medical officers in various organizations under the Government of India, such as the Indian Ordnance Factories, Indian Railways, and Municipal Corporation of Delhi. It is a national-level examination conducted once by the Union Public Service Commission every year.
Table of Contents
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CMS 2022
- He or she should be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962, or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- The candidate must not have attained the age of 32 years as on1st August 2022, i.e. the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1990 but with relaxations for various categories like SC, ST & OBC.
- He or she should have cleared the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.
- The candidate must be physically and medically fit according to the physical/medical standards for the UPSC CMS 2022.
UPSC CMS 2022: Steps to Apply
- Visit the official website
- Click on the link saying “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC”
- From the available options against CMS examination, go to Part-I registrations and fill up all your basic details and proceed to the next step
- Now pay the application fees of Rs 200, however, it is exempted for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Female/ PwBD categories
- Upload your photo, signature, and other documents like ID card as asked in the portal
- Choose your preferred examination centres and agree to the declaration given
- Once done, use the registration ID provided after the Part-1 and your date of birth to login and complete the PART-II of the registration process
- Lastly, download and take a printout of your application form for future references
|Date of Notification
|6th April 2022
|Last date to submit application forms
|26th April 2022 till 6:00 pm
|Release of Admit Cards
|Last week of June 2022
|Date of Examination
|17th July 2022
|Declaration of Results of Written Examination
|August/ September 2022
Vacancies under UPSC CMS 2022
Medical Officers Grade in General Duty Medical Officers Sub-cadre of Central Health Service – 314 posts
(i) Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways – 300 posts
(ii) General Duty Medical Officer in New Delhi Municipal Council – 03 posts
(iii) General duty Medical Officer Gr-II in East Delhi Municipal Corporation, North Delhi Municipal Corporation, and South Delhi Municipal Corporation – 70 posts
UPSC CMS 2022: Exam Pattern
There will be two parts of the UPSC CMS 2022 examination, of which the first part is a written test of 500 marks and the second part will be a personality test of 100 marks. The written test will be of two papers and each paper will carry 250 marks.
Paper I (250 marks)
The Paper-I of the written test will consist of 120 objective-type questions, i.e. 96 questions from General Medicine and 24 questions from Paediatrics.
Paper II (250 marks)
The Paper-II of the written test will consist of 120 objective-type questions, i.e. 40 questions each from Surgery, Gynaecology & Obstetrics, and Preventive & Social Medicine.
Personality Test (100 marks)
Once the candidates qualify for the results of the written test (Paper-I and Paper-II), they will be called for the personality test or interview round. And the final results will be prepared on the basis of candidates’ performance in all the tests taken and UPSC will declare a merit list for the same.
For more Education news and updates, click here.