The National Testing Agency (NTA) released a notification on 27th July 2022 informing about the Young Achievers Scholarship Award Scheme for Vibrant India (YASASVI) 2022 for students studying in Class IX and Class XI in identified Schools across India. The notice invites applicants for the written test of the scholarship scheme.
Table of Contents
Objective of the Young Achievers Scholarship
This Scholarship scheme is formulated by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India. Under this scholarship scheme eligible candidates belonging to Other Backward Class (OBC), Economically Backward Class (EBC), and De-Notified, Nomadic & Semi Nomadic Tribes (DNT /SNT) categories, (the annual income of whose parents/ guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2.5 lakhs) studying in Class IX and Class XI in identified Schools across India are awarded.
Eligibility of the Young Achievers Scholarship
The eligibility requirements for appearing in the exam are as follows:
- Applicants should be Indian National.
- They should be belonging to OBC or EBC or DNT category.
- They should be studying in identified Top Class Schools. Check out the list of schools.
- They should have passed Class 8 or Class 10 (as the case may be) in 2021-22.
- The annual income of the parents/ guardian from all sources should not be more than Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
- Candidates applying for the Class 9 Exam should have been born between 01-04-2006 to 31-03-2010 (both days inclusive).
- Candidates applying for the Class 11 Exam should have been born between 01-04-2004 to 31-03-2008 (both days inclusive).
Pattern of Young Achievers Scholarship Exam
- The Entrance test will be in Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The pattern of the Exam is Objective type comprising 100 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- There is no negative marking for a wrong answer.
- The question paper will be Bilingual (Hindi and English).
Syllabus of the Examination
NCERT Syllabus of Class 8th for admission in class 9th and NCERT Syllabus of Class 10th for admission in class 11th.
Important dates for the Young Achievers Scholarship
The application for Young Achievers Scholarship is live now, interested candidates can visit the official website and apply.
|Opening of the application portal||27th July 2022|
|Closing of the application portal||26th August 2022 (Upto 11.50 PM)|
|Correction window period||27th to 31st August 2022|
|Release of admit card||05th September 2022|
|Date of exam||11th September 2022|
|Timing of the examination||02.00 PM to 05.00 PM (3 hours)|
For more education news and updates- click here.