The Department of Higher Education has notified about the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University students for a maximum of 82,000 fresh scholarships under the Pradhan Mantri Uchchatar Shiksha Protsahan Yojana Scholarship (PM-USP CSSS) for the academic year 2022-23.
Table of Contents
Objectives of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
The main aim of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low-income families to meet part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
Benefits of the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
|Amount per annum
|Graduation level, for the first three years of College and University courses
|Post Graduation level
|4th and 5th year of professional (5) years/Integrated course
|1st, 2nd, and 3rd year of technical courses such as B.Tech, B.Engg
|4th year of technical courses such as B.Tech, B.Engg
Note: The rate of scholarship is Rs.10,000/- per annum for the first three years of fresh/ renewal scholarships with respect to the academic year 2021-22, even if the actual release happens in FY 2022-23.
Eligibility for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
- Students who are above the 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from the respective Board of Examination in Class XII of 10+2 pattern or equivalent.
- Pursuing regular degree courses and not correspondence or distance mode or pursuing Diploma courses.
- Pursuing courses at colleges/ institutions recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education and respective Regulatory Bodies concerned.
- Not availing the benefit of any other scholarship schemes including State-run scholarship schemes/ fee waiver & reimbursement schemes.
- Students with gross parental/ family income up to Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum are eligible for scholarships. An income certificate will be required only for fresh applicants.
Guidelines for renewal of Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
- Students changing their college/ institute of study will be allowed to renew the scholarship provided the course of study and the institution is having valid AISHE Code.
- Students who missed to apply for renewal of application online on NSP will be allowed to apply for renewal of the scholarship for a subsequent year on NSP if he/she fulfills the eligibility condition for renewal.
- For renewal of scholarship in each year of study, besides getting at least 50% marks in the Annual Examination, maintenance of adequate attendance of at least 75%, will also be the criteria. Complaints against the student regarding any disciplined or criminal behavior including any complaints of having indulged in ragging will lead to forfeiture of the scholarship.
- Beneficiaries/ Applicants under the scheme must apply online in the National Scholarships Portal (www.scholarships.gov.in) for the fresh/ renewal scholarships.
- Fresh/ Renewal applications sent directly to the Ministry of Education shall not be accepted.
Important dates for Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
The registration for this scholarship has already started, interested candidates can visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) and apply.
|Scheme Closing date
|31st October 2022
|Defective application verification date
|15th November 2022
|15th November 2022
Guidelines regarding Bank account
- The Bank account should be in the name of the student, who is applying for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship.
- Students must select their bank/ branch name carefully from the drop-down list.
- Thereafter the complete account number and IFSC code.
- The bank Account holder must check their Know your Customer (KYC) status from the bank and if required, the KYC must be submitted for successful transaction of scholarship amount.
- The bank Account must be operational/ active.
- A bank Account must be preferably in any Nationalized Bank with a core banking facility.
- Facility to update bank account details shall be provided only once, which can be at any stage after the submission of the application by the student.
For more education news and updates, click here.