The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on April 12, 2023, issued a notification inviting online applications to fill the vacancies against Nursing Officers. A total of 3055 vacancies have been declared which are to be filled by examining the desired candidates via the Nursing Officer Recruitment Common Eligibility Test (NORCET), 2023.
Candidates who are willing to join this post can apply before May 5, 2023, and the examination has been scheduled on June 3, 2023. Interested candidates can read this article for all kinds of relevant information.
Table of Contents
The term NORCET stands for Nursing Officer Recruitment Common Eligibility Test. It is conducted by AIIMS, in online CBT mode, to recruit Nursing Officers at various branches of AIIMS all over India. The test is conducted for 200 marks covering 200 Multiple-Choice Questions. Out of these 200 questions, 180 MCQs will be related to the subject, and the remaining 20 MCQs will be related to General Knowledge & Aptitude.
For each correct answer, the candidate is awarded 1 mark and 1/3 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. The candidate is given 180 minutes to complete the test. The qualifying marks in Recruitment Examination will be 50% for UR/EWS, 45% for OBC, and 40% for SC & ST. And for PWBD candidates, an additional 5% relaxation will be given irrespective of the category.
Category wise Vacancies
AIIMS wise Vacancies
|Name of the Institute||Vacancies|
|AIIMS New Delhi||620|
|AIIMS Vijayapur, Jammu||180|
Who are eligible to apply for NORCET?
- Qualification 1:
- The candidates shall be graduates, i.e, having B.Sc.(Hons.) Nursing or B.Sc. Nursing from an Indian Nursing Council/ State Nursing Council recognized Institution.
- Or, the candidates are having B.Sc Post-Certificate/ Post-Basic BSc Nursing from an Indian Nursing Council or a State Nursing Council recognized Institution can also apply.
- And shall be registered as Nurses & midwives with State/ Indian Nursing Council.
- Qualification 2:
- The candidates shall have a Diploma in General Nursing Midwifery from an Indian Nursing Council or the State Nursing Council-recognized Institution.
- They shall also be registered as Nurses & midwives in State or Indian Nursing Council.
- And, they shall have a 2-year experience in a minimum 2 bedded hospital after acquiring all the necessary educational qualifications mentioned above.
The age limit is between 18 to 30 years for candidates applying to all AIIMS. The age shall be counted on the last date of application submission, i.e, May 5, 2023.
How to apply?
- Candidates shall first go to the application portal by clicking here
- Then candidates will need to register themselves in the portal
- After successful registration, fill out the form with all relevant personal and educational information and upload the necessary documents in the prescribed format
- Pay the application fee in the next step and click on submit
- Download the acknowledgment receipt for future reference
NORCET 2023: Application fee
In order to finally submit the application form for NORCET 2023, applicants must pay a fee. The category-wise application fee structure has been listed below
Important Dates and Links
|Start of the online application process||April 12th, 2023|
|Last Date to apply for NORCET 2023||May 5th, 2023|
|Online date of examination (CBT)||June 3th, 2023|
|Link to the online application form||Click here|
|Link to the official advertisement||Click here|
|Link to the official website of AIIMS||Click here|
For more such job updates, click here.