The Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) is inviting online applications from eligible candidates for the Aptitude Test or IISER IAT 2023. The online application portal will be open from the 15th of April 2023, till the deadline on the 25th of May, 2023.
IISER IAT 2023 is conducted in order to select candidates for admission into the five-year Bachelor of Science and Master of Science (BS-MS) dual degree program offered at IISERs. Candidates are advised to keep a close watch on the official website.
Table of Contents
- Candidates applying for the IISER IAT 2023 must have qualiﬁed or are currently appearing in Class 12th or equivalent examination in the science stream either in the year 2022 or 2023.
- Candidates must have taken at least three subjects including biology, chemistry, mathematics, and physics during their Class 12th or equivalent exam.
How to apply?
- Af first, visit the official portal of IISER IAT 2023
- On the homepage, go to the menu option and click on the ‘Aptitude Test’
- Register yourself using the necessary credentials and upload the essential documents in the instructed formats
- Proceed to the payment procedure after this
- Completing these steps, download and print copies of the application form and the payment receipt.
|Application Portal opens for applications||April 15, 2023|
|Last date for online applications||May 25, 2023|
|Corrections in application form||May 28, 2023, 11:00 AM to May 29, 2023, 5:00 PM|
|Release of Hall Ticket||June 10, 2023|
|IISER IAT 2023||June 17, 2023|
|Upload of student’s response form||June 17, 2023|
|Display of answer keys||June 17, 2023|
|Portal opens to file objections||June 20, 2023|
|Last date to file objections||June 22, 2023|
|Display of final answer keys||June 30, 2023|
|IAT result publication||July 3, 2023|
|Portal opens to upload documents and freeze IISER preferences||July 4, 2023, to July 7, 2023|
|First round of admission offers||July 15, 2023|
The marking scheme for IISER IAT 2023 is as follows:
- For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
- For unanswered questions, there will be no mark awarded.
IISER IAT 2023 will consist of a total of 60 questions, given in multiple-choice format with only one correct answer. Out of which 15 questions will be from each subject: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics. The total time allotted for answering the test will be 180 minutes.
Not every candidate appearing in IAT 2023 will be awarded a rank. The rank cut-off will be announced at an appropriate time. Further, getting a rank does not guarantee an offer/admission to an IISER.
For more educational news and updates, click here.