Assam Agricultural University has opened the application portal for admissions into various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The application portal for Assam Agricultural University Admissions 2022 is open from the 1st of July, and interested candidates will have time until the 25th of July, 2022 to apply for Admissions.
All the students who wish to apply for Assam Agricultural University Admissions 2022 can find the complete details, starting from the Courses offered, Eligibility criteria, and steps to apply to the selection procedure in this article.
Table of Contents
Assam Agricultural University is offering various UG and PG courses for admission in this academic session 2022-23. Here is the detailed list of courses available under Assam Agricultural University Admissions 2022 along with the details of the number of seats in each programme.
|B.V.Sc. & A.H.
|B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture
|B. Sc. (Hons) Sericulture
|B. Sc. (Hons) Horticulture
|B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science
|B.Sc. (Hons) Food Nutrition & Dietetics
|Master’s in Agriculture
|Master’s in Veterinary Science
|Master’s in Community Science
|Master’s in Fisheries
|Ph.D. in Faculty of Agriculture
|Ph.D. in Faculty of Fisheries Science
|Ph.D. in Faculty of Community Science
|Ph.D. in Faculty of Veterinary Science
While filling out the application forms for Assam Agricultural University Admissions 2022, candidates need to keep the following documents/ images ready with them:
- A passport photograph
- Marksheets of all examinations from Class X to the last examination qualified
- Pass Certificate of the last examination passed
- Age Proof Certificate (e.g. Birth Certificate, Class-X Admit Card)
- Permanent Resident Certificate (PRC)/ Nativity Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Gap Certificate (from the competent authority)
- Income & Asset Certificate (For students belonging to the EWS category)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- NOC or sponsorship letter from the Registrar, AAU or Govt. of Assam or ICAR, for an in-service candidate (if applicable)
Assam Agricultural University Admissions 2022: steps to apply
Here are the detailed steps, all the students can follow while applying for Assam Agricultural University Admissions 2022:
- First of all, the candidates should visit the admission portal of AAU
- Then they will have to register themselves with their E-mail ID and Phone Number
- Upon successful registration, the applicant shall receive a confirmation message in the registered Mobile number and a mail, indicating the Login ID (Registration Number) along with a password
- The applicant should then log in with the Registration number and the password
- Next, pay the application fees by using the available payment methods
- The applicant will then receive a message confirming the receipt of the payment from AAU which will also be shown in the ‘payment history’ on her/his Dashboard
- After successful completion of payment, applicants need to enter their personal and academic details and then upload the essential documents as asked in the portal
- Lastly, they will need to recheck all their details and then submit the application form for Assam Agricultural University Admissions 2022
- Also, candidates need to download the application form & payment receipt and keep it handy for future references
In the second step of registration, students will need to pay the application fees of amount Rs.1000. Candidates can pay the registration fees by choosing any of the payment methods available in the admission portal. The available payment methods are Debit Cards, Credit Cards, UPI, etc.
The selection criteria of eligible candidates for Assam Agricultural University Admission 2022 in all Undergraduate programmes shall be based on the performance at the Common Entrance Test 2022, which is planned to be conducted centrally by AAU. For both B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Veterinary Science programmes, an entrance exam called VET (Veterinary Entrance Test) shall be conducted by the University.
The selection of the candidates for admission into Master’s Degree Programmes shall be based on the NTA score obtained by the candidates in ICAR’s AIEEA (PG). A common merit list will be prepared based on this NTA score for all the courses separately. Admission to all Departments will be given based on this common merit list and eligibility criteria. For the date(s) of the Entrance Test for Assam Agricultural University Admissions 2022, candidates are advised to regularly check the AAU Website.
All the candidates should note the following dates for various steps involved in the Assam Agricultural University Admissions 2022:
|Issue of Notification for Common Entrance Test for UG courses
|July 01, 2022
|Issue of online application forms for all courses
|July 01, 2022
|Last date for online application for all courses
|July 25, 2022
|Date of Common Entrance Test
|Not announced yet
|Declaration of CETUG result
|August 15, 2022
|Date of First counselling for all eligible candidates for the UG admissions
|August 24-27, 2022
|Date of reporting at respective College/ Hostel
|August 31, 2022
|Date of orientation
|September 01, 2022
|Date of 2nd counselling for all eligible candidates subject
|September 07, 2022
Admission Fees/ Course Fees
The students admitted under MSVE-16 regulation shall have to pay the fees on annual basis i.e. Rs 21,600/- for fresh students and Rs. 16,900/- for continuing students. Similarly, for HFC candidates, the annual fee shall be Rs. 1,47,500/- and Rs. 1,37,800/- for continuing students. The following is a list of fee structures for various courses on an annual basis.
- B.Sc – ₹13,150
- B.V.Sc – ₹14,000
- M.Sc – ₹19,590
- B.Sc (Hons) – ₹14,000
- M.F.Sc – ₹20,320
- B.F.Sc – ₹13,230
- M.F.Sc – ₹19,590
- The candidates serving as JRFs/ SRFs/ RAs at AAU are also eligible to apply for admission into the PG Programmes subject to fulfillment of other eligibility criteria.
- In-Service candidates must submit their Release Order/ No Objection Certificate from the competent authority to pursue higher studies in AAU at the time of admission.
- The wards of defense/ para-military personnel posted in the State of Assam for at least one year are also eligible to apply for the Common Entrance Test, 2022.
- The candidate shall have to submit the payment slips(s) and self-attested copies of all relevant testimonials at the time of counseling, failure of which will result in the cancellation of his/ her candidature. The candidate must also produce the testimonials in original during counselling.
- NRI candidates are advised to thoroughly read the AAU Information Bulletin.
- If any candidate faces any issues or has any queries, they can mail the authorities at [email protected].
- We also advise all the candidates to keep a close watch on the official site for all updates regarding Assam Agricultural University Admissions 2022.
For more Admission updates, click here.