Gauhati University has opened the application portal for admissions to the Bachelors of Education (B.Ed) programme. The application portal for Gauhati University BEd Admissions 2022 is open from the 5th of July, and interested candidates will now have time upto the 25th of July for submission of application forms. Earlier the last date for submitting application forms was 20th July.
All the students, who wish to apply for Gauhati University BEd Admissions 2022 can find the complete details, starting from the Details of the course, Eligibility Criteria, and Steps to apply to the selection procedures in this detailed article.
Table of Contents
Who can apply?
- Any candidate, who has passed the BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com or MA/ M.Sc/ M.Com or equivalent degree programme from a recognised Board/ University with at least 50% marks is eligible to apply for Gauhati University BEd Admissions 2022.
- However, there is a relaxation of 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD categories, so they will need 45% marks in the last qualifying examination.
While filling out the application forms for Gauhati University BEd Admissions 2022, candidates need to keep the following documents/ images ready with them:
- Recent passport photo of the candidate
- Candidate’s signature
- Pass Certificate/ Marksheets of last qualifying examination
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- NCC/ Extra-Curricular Certificate (if seeking such reservations)
Gauhati University BEd Admissions 2022: Steps to apply
- First of all, a candidate should open the admission portal of the University
- Then go to the link saying ‘B.Ed Admission Form’
- Enter all the details as asked, that is – your personal information, address info, academic details, etc.
- Next, upload the required documents, your image, and signature
- Then choose the courses, you wish to apply for and proceed
- Lastly, pay the application fees and submit your form for Gauhati University B.Ed Admissions 2022
- Do not forget to keep a printout of the application form and the payment receipt for future references
At the time of filling out the online application forms for Gauhati University BEd Admissions 2022, the applicants will need to pay Rs. 1500/- as an application fee. The amount can be paid through Debit Card, Credit Card, and Internet Banking facility, available on the website.
Selection Procedure: GUBEDCET 2022
The selections for Gauhati University BEd Admissions 2022 will be completely based on candidates’ performance in the entrance test, which is commonly known as Gauhati University B.Ed Common Entrance Test or GUBEDCET. Once the test is completed, the university will release a merit list and candidates can take admissions into B.Ed programmes on the scheduled date for admissions, according to this merit list.
GUBEDCET 2022: Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The entrance examination, GUBEDCET 2022 will have 100 multiple choice questions and candidates will be given 2 hours of time to complete the paper. The paper will be of 400 marks in total, where candidates will be awarded 4 marks for every correct answer, and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer. Here is the detailed syllabus for the same:
|Section||Topics||No. of Questions||Marks|
|A||General English (Vocabulary, Tense, Voice, Narration, Prepositions, Correction of Sentences & Comprehension)||30||120|
|B||General Knowledge (Indian History, Indian Polity, General Science, Current affairs)||30||120|
|C||Test of Reasoning and Numerical Ability||30||120|
|D||Current Indian Education (Issues and Policies), National Policy of Education 2020, Universalization of Elementary Education – Right to Education, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) Secondary Education – Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)||10||40|
The GUBEDCET 2022 will be conducted in the following 12 centres:
All the candidates should note the following dates for Gauhati University BEd Admissions 2022:
|Starting of the online application process||5th July 2022|
|Last date to submit application forms|
25th July 2022
|Issue of online admit cards||Not announced yet|
|Date of Entrance Examination (GUBEDCET)||7th August 2022|
|Date of publishing the rank list||Not announced yet|
|Date of Admissions||Not announced yet|
|Commencement of Classes||Not announced yet|
Contacts/ Helpdesk info
If any candidate faces any issue or has any queries, they can reach the authorities for Gauhati University BEd Admissions 2022 at the helpline phone numbers: +91 80118 22200, and +91 93951 40439. Or candidates can mail them at [email protected]. We highly recommend that all students keep a close watch on the official website to get all the relevant updates.
For more Admission news, click here.