The Department of Business Administration of Gauhati University is inviting online applications for two years Master of Business Administration or MBA programme from eligible candidates interested in business fields. Interested candidates can now fill out the MBA Admission forms online by visiting the official website.
Table of Contents
Eligibility for MBA Admission in Gauhati University
- Applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or any major or honours program taken in any discipline.
- Applicants from reserved categories will have relaxation upto 5% over the required qualifying marks.
- Applicant must have completed his/her graduations from Gauhati University or any recognized university.
GU MBA Admissions: How to apply?
The application forms for MBA admission at Gauhati University are available on the GU Admission portal from 17th March and will be open till 5th May 2022. Candidates who are looking forward to filling out their forms need to do it online by following some steps mentioned below.
- First of all, candidates have to visit GU Admission Portal.
- Click on the link saying “MBA Admission Form”.
- Enter all the basic details in order to register themselves online
- Then candidates should note the application number and password which will be provided by the system for future use. The application number and password will be also sent via SMS to the candidate’s registered phone number.
- Moving from there, candidates need to fill up their Address Information, Academic Details, upload all relevant documents, and their photograph and signature.
- Then, select the course you are applying for and the subjects sought.
- After successful completion of filling the application form, candidates need to click on the “Save and Next” button and modify it if required. There will be no chance to change the details in the future after clicking on the “Final Submit” button.
- Once the candidate completes all the above steps, they will need to pay the application fees of Rs. 800/- and then need to take a printout copy of the e-receipt and MBA Admission form for future reference.
- Starting of Online Application Process – 17th March 2022
- Ending of Online Application Process – 5th May 2022
- Admit Card availability – 17th May 2022
- Date of Written Exam – 29th May 2022
- Written Exam – Applicants must undergo a written exam conducted by Gauhati University to qualify for the second stage of the selection procedure, i.e. Group Discussion and Personal Interview round. Applicants who possess a valid MAT/ CAT/ XAT/ CMAT or any other national level MBA entrance score in which she/he has secured 75 percentile or above can choose to drop this written exam and can get a direct entry into the second round of selection. For the applicants, who opt to sit in the written exam and also have a valid MAT/CAT/XAT/CMAT or any other national level MBA entrance, the score whichever is higher will be considered.
- Group Discussion and Personal Interview – Applicants who have cleared the written exam or have a valid national level MBA entrance score and have performed well in the Group discussion and Personal interview round will be given chance to get admission into the MBA programme.
- Other Category Forms – Applicants applying under quota like Differently Abled, Son/Daughter of permanent G.U. Employees in service, Son/Daughter of G.U. Ex. Employees, Son/Daughter of Ex-Defence Personnel, Fringe Village, Extra-curricular & Co-curricular Activities, etc should also apply for MBA Admissions online. Once done, they will need to take a printout of the application form and submit it along with the relevant documents with all testimonials duly self-attested. They can also send it to the office (Room No-14) on or before the 8th of May 2022 at Gauhati University.
For more Education news and updates, click here.