Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has earlier extended the last date of registration for the IGNOU B.Ed and B.Sc Nursing Examination program. All the interested candidates can apply till today evening, that is 24th of April as declared on the official website of IGNOU.
The official notification was issued on April 16, 2022, by the Assistant Registrar of IGNOU clearly stating that “With the approval of the Competent Authority, the last date for registration of B.Ed and B.Sc Nursing (Post Basic) entrance exam for January 2022 session is hereby extended up to April 24, 2022”. The entrance examination for both the programs, i.e, IGNOU B.Ed and B.Sc Nursing is scheduled for 8 May, Sunday, 2022.
IGNOU B.Ed and B.Sc Nursing examination: Eligibility
B.Sc Nursing (GNM):
The candidate applying for B.SC Nursing (GNM) must hold the following eligibility-
- Candidate must have qualified 10+2 with English and must have obtained a minimum of 40% at the qualifying examination and English individually for any recognized board.
- Candidates from the State Open School recognized by the State Government and the National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by the Central Government are also eligible. However, the students with a Science background are preferable.
- Candidate must have qualified 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in vocational ANM course from the school recognized by the Indian Nursing council.
- Candidate must have qualified 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in Vocational Stream-Health care Science from a recognized CBSE board/ Center.
B.Sc Nursing (ANM):
The candidate applying for B.SC Nursing (ANM) must hold the following eligibility-
- The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year in which admission is sought.
- The maximum age for admission shall be 35 years.
- The minimum educational requirements shall be 10 + 2 in Arts (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Economics, Political Science, History, Geography, Business Studies, Accountancy, Home Science, Sociology, Psychology, and Philosophy) and English Core/English Elective or Science or Health care Science – Vocational stream ONLY passing out from recognized Board.
- Students shall be medically fit.
- Students qualified in 10+2 Arts or Science examinations conducted by the National Institute of Open School.
IGNOU B.Ed courses
The candidate applying for IGNOU B.Ed courses must hold the following eligibility-
- The candidate must have an aggregate of 50% marks in either Bachelor’s degree Or Master’s Degree.
- Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in Science and technology is required to have 55% marks or any other equivalent qualification.
- The candidates must be trained in-service teachers in elementary education and they must have completed an NCTE-recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode.
Interested candidates for either IGNOU B.Ed or B.Sc Nursing courses can visit the official website of IGNOU and apply for the entrance examination.
For more education news and updates – Click here.