India Post has recently released a notification titled “Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Online Engagement: Schedule-II, July 2023” and informed about a recruitment drive of 30041 Gramin Dak Sevaks. Online applications are invited from eligible applicants for engagement as Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in the designation of Branch Postmaster (BPM) and Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM) in various Post Offices. The application portal for GDS Recruitment 2023 is open from the 3rd of August and will be live till the 23rd of August 2023.
Table of Contents
|Postal Circle||No. of Vacancy|
|Jammu & Kashmir||300|
Designation & Salary
The salary of the selected candidates for India Post GDS will be in the form of Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) plus Dearness Allowance (DA). The applicable TRCA to different categories are as under:
|Branch Postmaster (BPM)||Rs. 12,000 – 29,380|
|ABPM/ Dak Sevak||Rs. 10,000 – 24,470|
Eligibility for GDS Recruitment 2023
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Maximum age: 40 years
- Relaxations in upper age limit:
- Schedule Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ ST): 5 years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 3 years
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS): No Relaxation
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD): 10 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC: 13 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC/ ST: 15 years
(ii) Educational Qualification
- The candidate looking to apply for India Post GDS Recruitment 2023 should need a Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard having passed in Mathematics and English (as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/ State Govts/ Union Territories in India.
- The applicant should have studied the local language mentioned against the available vacancies in the official notice at least upto the 10th standard as a compulsory or elective subject.
(iii) Other Qualifications for GDS Recruitment 2023
- Knowledge of computers
- Knowledge of cycling
- Adequate means of livelihood
How to decide on post preferences?
All the candidates who wish to apply for the India Post GDS recruitment 2023 will need to set preferences from the available vacancies. And, candidates can set their preferences only after paying the application fees. However, they can check the list of vacancies available in their division and decide their preferences beforehand to make the application process a bit easier.
- Visit the official website
- Select your state and then a circle of your interest
- Next, select a division from the list shown
- Click on the view post button, and a list displaying all the details of vacancies will appear on the screen
- Please note, the vacancies are allotted with respect to various categories (UR/ EWS/ OBC/ SC/ ST/ PwD, etc.), so you will be able to apply only for the posts, you are eligible for
GDS Recruitment 2023: How to Apply?
- First of all, the applicant will have to register himself/ herself on the GDS Recruitment 2023 online Engagement Portal with their details (Scroll Down For the Link)
- However, candidates registered for previous recruitment drives in the year 2023 can apply with the same Registration number without redoing the registration again
- Once the registration number is generated, candidates will need to login into the portal
- Now, they will need to enter a few personal details, address information, and then put up the marks obtained in Class 10th
- Then, select the Division and a list of all eligible posts (based on the community and Age) will be displayed, against which the applicant has to give their preferences
- Lastly, upload a photo & signature, pay the application fee and submit the form for India Post GDS recruitment 2023
- Also, candidates are advised to download and take a printout of the application form for future references
A fee of Rs. 100/- is to be paid by the applicants for all posts notified in the advertisement. However, payment of fees is exempted for all female applicants, SC /ST applicants, PwD applicants, and Transwomen applicants.
- The applicants will be shortlisted for engagement on the basis of a system-generated merit list.
- The Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentages to the accuracy of 4 decimals.
- Please note, passing all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory.
|Release of Advertisement||31st July 2023|
|Opening of Application portal||3rd August 2023|
|Last date to Apply||23rd August 2023|
|Opening of Edit/ Correction Window||24th August 2023|
|Closing of Edit/ Correction Window||26th August 2023|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Advertisement of GDS Recruitment 2023||Click Here|
|Link for Registration||Click Here|
|Link to apply||Click Here|
For more job news, Click Here.