The National Testing Agency (NTA) is inviting online applications from eligible candidates for the JEE Advanced 2023 registration. The applications are made accessible for the candidates since the 30th of April 2023 and the closing date is on the 7th of May, 2023.
The JEE Advanced 2023 registration is now available for the candidates, who have cleared the JEE Mains 2023. Recently the results of the 2nd cycle (April session) of JEE Mains 2023 were announced on the official website. For general category candidates, the cut-off for JEE (Advanced)-2023 is 90.77, up from 88.4 in 2022, and 87.9 in 2021. The qualifying scores for general candidates were 90.3 and 89.7 in 2020 and 2019, respectively.
Table of Contents
- Performance criterion:
- Candidates should be among the top 2,50,000 successful candidates (including all categories) in B.E./ B.Tech. paper of JEE (Main) 2023.
- The percentages of various categories of candidates to be shortlisted are:
- 10% for GEN-EWS, 27% for OBC-NCL, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, and the remaining 40.5% is OPEN for all.
- Within each of these five categories, a 5% horizontal reservation is available for PwD candidates.
- The following table shows the order to be followed while choosing the top 2,50,000 candidates in various categories based on their performance in B.E./ B.Tech. paper of JEE (Main) 2023.
- Age limit:
- Candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1998.
- Five years of age relaxation is given to SC, ST, and PwD candidates, i.e. these candidates should have been born on or after October 1, 1993.
- Number of attempts: A candidate can attempt JEE (Advanced) a maximum of two times in two consecutive years.
- Appearance in class XII or equivalent examination:
- The candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2022 or 2023 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Earlier admissions at IIT:
- The candidate should NOT have been admitted to an IIT irrespective of whether or not the candidate continued in the program OR accepted an IIT seat by reporting “online” / at a “reporting centre” in the past. Candidates whose admission to IITs was cancelled (for whatever reason) after joining any IIT are also NOT eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) 2023.
- Candidates who have been admitted to a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2022 can appear in JEE (Advanced) 2023.
How to apply for JEE Advanced 2023 registration?
The students need to follow the given steps to complete JEE Advanced 2023 registration process:
- Step 1: Fill Registration Form: The students need to visit the official website and go to the important announcement section.
- Then the students need to click on the option given to go to the Registration portal.
- The students need to successfully log in, with their JEE (Mains) application details and the password. The foreign candidates have to register separately.
- The students need to fill in all personal, and academic details; as furnished to JEE (Main) will be displayed only for the candidates who have qualified for JEE (Advanced) 2023.
- Next, candidates are required to furnish additional information for JEE (Advanced) including, choice of examination cities (08 choices) and other details.
- Step 2: Upload Scanned Certificates: The candidates filling out their application for JEE Advanced 2023 registration are required to upload various documents as mentioned here.
- Step 3: Pay Fees: Registration for JEE Advanced 2023 will complete only after the successful completion of step 3 (i.e., payment stage). The admit card will be issued only to those candidates who have successfully completed all three steps of JEE Advanced 2023 registration.
Application fees for JEE Advanced 2023 registration
The application fees for the JEE Advanced 2023 registration are given below:
|Female Candidates (all categories)||INR 1450|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||INR 1450|
|All Other Candidates||INR 2900|
Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- The JEE (Advanced) 2023 examination will be conducted only in the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode.
- The question papers will be in both English and Hindi languages, and candidates will be able to choose and switch the medium, anytime during the examination.
- The entrance test will consist of two question papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2 of 3 hours (180 minutes) each. And both of these papers will be compulsory for all candidates.
- However, this duration will be 4 hours (240 minutes) for PwD candidates with less than 40% disability and having difficulty in writing who opted for a compensatory time.
- Each question paper will consist of three separate sections, viz., Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Negative marks may be awarded for incorrect answers to some of the questions. And details of the marking scheme will be provided in the “Instructions to Candidates” section at the time of examination.
- All the candidates who have completed the JEE Advanced 2023 registrations, can prepare for the entrance test using the syllabus provided on the official website, which can be accessed by clicking here.
|IMPORTANT EVENTS||DAY AND DATES|
|Opening of registration portal for JEE (Advanced) 2023||Sunday, April 30, 2023 (10:00 IST)|
|Last date to complete JEE Advanced 2023 registration||Sunday, May 07, 2023 (17:00 IST)|
|Last date for fee payment of registered candidates||Monday, May 08, 2023 (17:00 IST)|
|Admit Card available for downloading||Monday, May 29, 2023 (10:00 IST) to Sunday, June 04, 2023 (14:30 IST)|
|Choosing of scribe by PwD candidates/ candidates with less than 40% disability and having difficulty in writing||Saturday, June 03, 2023|
|JEE (Advanced) 2023 (Paper 1)||Sunday, June 04, 2023 (09:00-12:00 IST)|
|JEE (Advanced) 2023 (Paper 2)||Sunday, June 04, 2023 (14:30-17:30 IST)|
|Copy of candidate responses to be available on the JEE (Advanced) 2023 website||Friday, June 09, 2023 (17:00 IST)|
|Online display of provisional answer keys||Sunday, June 11, 2023 (10:00 IST)|
|Feedback and comments on provisional answer keys||Sunday, June 11, 2023 (10:00 IST)|
|Online declaration of final answer key and Results of JEE (Advanced) 2023||Sunday, June 18, 2023 (10:00 IST)|
For more educational news, click here