Navodaya Class 11 Admissions 2022: The Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) has issued fresh notifications regarding Class 11 admissions in the prestigious Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) in each district for the 2022-23 academic session.
The admissions against the vacant seats will be done solely on the basis of the student’s performance in Class 10th board examinations. The last date to apply for the Navodaya Class 11 Admissions is the 18th of August, 2022.
Table of Contents
Who can Apply?
Here are the eligibility conditions that every candidate needs to satisfy to apply for Navodaya Class 11 Admissions 2022:
- The date of birth of the student should be in between the 1st of June, 2005 to the 31st of May 2007 (both days inclusive).
- The student must have completed their class 10th in 2022 (2021-22 academic session) from any Government recognized school.
- The school must be from the same district/ state, in which they are applying.
- Please note that the above-mentioned eligibility criteria are applicable to all irrespective of the categories (UR/ EWS/ OBC/ MOBC/ ST/ SC) of the student.
Navodaya Class 11 Admissions 2022: How to apply?
To apply for the Navodaya Class 11 Admissions 2022, here are the simple steps that need to be followed by the students:
- Go to the official website of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
- Click on the highlighted link in the popup that says “Click here for registration through online portal for class XI lateral entry admission for the session 2022-23”
- Once you are redirected to the application portal, click on the link for Phase I registrations
- Enter your basic details in the registration form and submit the form
- Now, a registration number along with the password will be sent to your mobile number, note that down and keep it safe
- Next, login into the admission portal using the registration number and password received
- Then fill up all your personal details, choose your preferred stream and district & upload the images/ documents as requested
- Lastly, fill up the details of marks scored in class X and then upload the marksheet
- Once done, check out all the details and submit the application form for Navodaya Class 11 admissions 2022, and don’t forget to download it for further references
The procedures for Navodaya Class 11 admissions 2022 will be completed as per the following rules set by the Samiti:
- The selection will be solely based on the marks secured by the student in Class-X Board Exam during the academic session 2021-22.
- The first merit list produced will be a district-wise list, which will be prepared as per the vacancies available in the corresponding JNVs and the preferred choices of the candidates.
- After admissions through these lists, if there are more vacancies available, then state-level merit lists will be released. And the new selections will be done on the basis of the candidate’s choice of the JNV which he/ she has chosen while filling out the forms.
- There are different reservation criteria for the admissions of students according to the category, they belong to.
- The actual number of seats is different for each JNV and there is no particular seat matrix for each category. The category-wise seat matrix will be released once the merit list is published and the vacancy in each JNV will be declared.
- There is also a difference in the cutoff marks for taking admissions in different subjects and combinations according to their categories.
- The cut-off criteria for different categories applying for Navodaya class 11 Admissions 2022 with the different subject combinations are given below:
|Combinations||Subjects||Unreserved/ OBC||SC/ ST|
|Science with Mathematics||1) SCIENCE||60%||56%|
|3) AVERAGE OF SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS TOGETHER||65%||62.5%|
|4) AVERAGE OF ALL SUBJECTS (FIVE)||65%||62.5%|
|Science without Mathematics||1) SCIENCE||60%||56%|
|3) AVERAGE OF SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS||60%||55%|
|4) AVERAGE OF ALL SUBJECTS (FIVE)||65%||61%|
|Commerce with Mathematics||1) MATHEMATICS||60%||56%|
|2) AVERAGE OF ALL SUBJECTS (FIVE)||50%||50%|
|Commerce without Mathematics||1) MATHEMATICS||45%||45%|
|2) AVERAGE OF ALL SUBJECTS (FIVE)||50%||50%|
|For Humanities & Vocational Streams||All passing candidates are eligible||All passing candidates are eligible|
- If the student has additional achievements, then it may be beneficial during the Navodaya class 11 admissions 2022 procedure. The criteria have been given below:
|GAMES AND SPORTS||NCC||SCOUTING AND GUIDING||ADDITIONAL MARKS (To be added with average marks during admissions)|
|Participation at the SGFI/ equivalent level||‘B’ Certificate||Rashtrapati Purashkar||3 Marks|
|Participation at the state level||‘A’ Certificate||Rajya Purashkar||2 Marks|
|Participation at the district level||–||Tritiya Sapan||1 Marks|
The academic fee structure is different compared to other government institutes.
- The education in the schools is free including board & lodging, uniforms, and textbooks.
- The students from classes VI-VIII need not provide any fees.
- Each month a sum of Rs 600 is collected from students in Classes IX to XII towards Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi (VVN).
- The students belonging to SC/ST categories, all Girl students, and the students whose family income is Below Poverty Line (BPL) are exempted.
- In respect of wards of Government employees other than exempted category (Students of classes VI to VIII, all SC/ST & Girl students, and wards of BPL families) Vikas Nidhi will be charged with Rs.1500/- per month or actual children’s education allowance received by the parent per month whichever is less.
- The VVN shall not be less than Rs. 600/- per student per month.
|Opening of the application portal||3rd August 2022|
|Last date to submit application forms||18th August 2022|
|Publication of District-wise Merit Lists||To be notified once the applications are received|
|Publication of State-wise Merit Lists||To be notified when the district-wise merit list will be produced and if there are any seats left|
|Date of Admission||To be released later|
About Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
The National Policy on Education-1986 envisaged the setting up of residential schools, to be called Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, that would bring out the best of rural talent.
It was felt that children with special talents or aptitudes should be provided opportunities to progress at a faster pace by making good quality education available to them irrespective of their capacity to pay for it. Such education would enable students from rural areas to compete with their urban counterparts on an equal footing; seamlessly assimilating and integrating them into the mainstream of society.
The Navodaya Vidyalaya System which began as a unique experiment is today unparalleled in the annals of school education in India and elsewhere. Its significance lies in the selection of talented rural children as the target group and the attempt to provide them quality education comparable to the best in a residential school system.
For more Education news, click here.