Application forms are welcomed by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) of Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) 2022, for talented and deserving students who wish to pursue higher education in basic and natural sciences. This scholarship scheme of the central government of India is under the Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspire Research (INSPIRE) programme. The scholarship for higher education, INSPIRE was launched on 13th November 2008 to help students in their dream of a successful career in the future.
The Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) scheme is to attract the attention of thousands of financially weak students who lack the privilege to study. The scheme is to attract thousands of parents who dream to erase the financial darkness and educate their children. The INSPIRE scholarship programme is open from undergraduate to postgraduate level courses. The selection process of the fellow scholarship will be based on the board examination results of class twelve (12) or eligible rank secured in JEE (Mains) examination, JEE (Advanced) examination, NEET examination, KVPY examination or, admission in science stream.
Table of Contents
The Financial Incentives offered by the Scholarship for Higher Education, INSPIRE
The scholarship amount is Rs 60,000/- per annum, i.e. Rs 5,000/- per month along with a mentorship grant of Rs 20,000/- per annum. The scholarship for higher education (SHE) will be valid for 5 years or till the respective course ends, either of them both. Candidates who have just started their Bachelor’s or Master’s in any of the subjects listed below are eligible for this Scholarship Scheme.
The subjects which fall under the scope of Scholarship for Higher Education are listed below:
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship for Higher Education, INSPIRE
The eligibility criteria for the Scholarship for Higher Education 2022 scheme is that the applicant must pass the Class twelve board examination in the year 2021 from CBSE or any State Boards and is currently pursuing their first year of B.Sc. B.S. Integrated M.Sc. or Integrated M.S. courses in basic or natural sciences in any recognized college, university, or academic institute.
The eligibility criteria also include the following, from which an applicant must satisfy anyone:
- The applicant should be a Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholar
- The applicant should be an International Olympiad medallist
- The applicant should be a National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) scholar
- The applicant got selected under Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
- The applicant secured marks with top 1% of class 12th board examination from CBSE or state board.
- The applicant secured applicable ranks within top 10,000 in JEE (Mains), JEE (Advanced), or NEET.
Important Dates for Scholarship for Higher Education, INSPIRE
- Starting of online application forms: 1st December, 2021
- Ending of online application forms: 31st January, 2022
- Results of Scholarship Scheme: Last week of June, 2022
Documents for Scholarship for Higher Education, INSPIRE
All the candidates looking to apply for this scholarship scheme will need to keep these documents ready with them. They will need:
- Passport size photo
- Photocopy of Bank passbook
- Digital or scanned signature
- Aadhaar Card
- Caste Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Class 10 Board examination marksheet
- Class 12 Board examination marksheet
- Endorsement certificate with signature of Head of the College, University or Institute
- If available, they can attest along state or Central Board’s eligibility note or advisory note
- If available, certificate specifying the rank secured in examinations like JEE (mains/advanced), NEET, KVPY, JBNSTS, NTSE, or International Olympiad medalist.
The application forms for the Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE), INSPIRE programme are available on the official website, and interested candidates can apply for it before the 31st of January, 2022.