The National Institute of Technology (NIT), Meghalaya is all set to welcome new researchers fellows. The first step toward admissions for Institute Post-doctoral Fellows or IPDF and Sponsored Post-doctoral Fellows or SPDF shall commence from the 12th of May 2022.
Documents required for NIT Meghalaya Post-Doctoral Programme 2022
Before applying for the online application forms for NIT Meghalaya Post-Doctoral Programme 2022 candidates must keep the following necessary documents handy-
- Candidate’s recent photograph
- Application fee receipt
- Statement of Purpose (SoP) indicating the area and type of research work he/ she proposes to carry out
- Marksheets and certificates of all educational qualifications
- Caste certificate (SC/ST/OBC) in standard format issued by the Competent Authority.
- Sponsorship Certificate in the prescribed format (In case of SPDF candidates)
- Self-attested copy (1st page) of all research publications in Journals and Conferences (if any).
- Disability certificate in (in case of PWD candidates)
Steps to apply for NIT Meghalaya Post-Doctoral Programme 2022
The steps for filling up the online application forms for the NIT Meghalaya Post-Doctoral Programme are available below-
- On the screen, go to the official website and click on the online application form link
- Then enter all the necessary credentials
- Upload the required documents accordingly to the guidelines issued
- In case, a candidate is applying for more than one department, the candidate must pay the application fee separately for both the applications and choose the desired departments in the online application form
- After completing all the steps, click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Take a printout copy of the application form for further references
- Incomplete application, application received without Payment Receipt or without the academic documents as stated below shall be summarily rejected without any explanation
The following list includes the important dates regarding the NIT Meghalaya Post-Doctoral Programme 2022-
- Starting of online application form – 12th of May 2022
- Closing of online application form – 16th of June 2022
- Notification of the shortlisted candidates – Yet to be announced
What is Post-Doctoral Fellowship Scheme?
The NIT of Meghalaya offers Post-Doctoral Fellowship Scheme, an encouragement programme specialized in areas of science and engineering for candidates interested in research fields. The Post-Doctoral Fellowship Scheme divides the programme into two different sections, namely, Institute Post-Doctoral Fellow and Sponsored Post-Doctoral Fellow or IPDF and SPDF respectively.
Research Areas offered by NIT Meghalaya Post-Doctoral Programme
The NIT of Meghalaya is offering various research fields for young researchers under the Post-Doctoral Programme 2022. The fields available for research are as follows.
|Electronics & Communication Engineering(EC)||1. Low power VLSI|
2. Digital VLSI
3. Memory Design
4. Ann based Memory
5. Speech Technology
6. Signal Processing for advanced communication systems
7. Signal Processing algorithms for medical applications
8. VLSI Design, Microelectronics circuits and Device, Brain-Inspired Computing, VLSI Signal Processing
9. VLSI system design and Architecture for multimedia, Image Signal processing, IoT & Embedded Systems
|Electrical Engineering(EE)||1. Microgrid Operation and Control|
2. Control of PMSM Drives & Advanced Power Converters
|Mechanical Engineering(ME)||1. Manufacturing Composite Materials, Machining, Joining & Welding etc|
|Physics (PH)||1. Liquid Crystals|
|Chemistry (CY)||1. Organometallics & catalysis|
2. Electronic structure calculation and reactions dynamics of molecular systems
For more education news and updates- click here.