SBI Youth for India fellowship is a program initiated and funded by the State Bank of India (SBI) for providing opportunities to urban, educated, and passionate youths to connect with the rural areas of India and bring a positive change under the guidance of NGOs.
SBI Youth for India Fellowship program is 13 month-long program in which fellows work on diverse projects in 12 broad thematic areas, i.e. Education, Health, Environmental Protection, Food Security, Rural Livelihood, Alternate Energy, Traditional Crafts, Social Entrepreneurship, Self Governance, Women’s Empowerment, Technology, and Water. Working on these themes, they try to cover the entire span of rural development. Here each selected candidate will receive Rs 15,000/- per month and other benefits during the complete 13-month long program.
Table of Contents
The application portal is live now and the last date for the application process is 30th April 2022. However, the above deadline is tentative and can be changed by the provider.
SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2022- Eligiblity
The applicant for SBI Youth for India fellowship 2022 should mark the following eligibility criteria-
- Candidate must be a citizen of India or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- His/ her age should be between 21 and 32 years on the day of commencement of the program, i.e. applicant must be born not earlier than 2nd August 1989 and not later than 1st October 2000
- Candidates should have complete at least a Bachelor’s degree before the program
In case, OCI Candidates don’t possess an OCI card currently, please visit the website of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India for OCI registration as soon as possible, as the process takes at least 1-3 months.
Assistance provided during the program
During the SBI Youth for India fellowship, the following assistance is provided to each fellow-
1. Financial Support:
- Rs. 15000 monthly for the duration of the programme to meet the living expenses
- Rs. 1000 monthly for the duration of the programme to meet the transport expenses
- Also, a readjustment allowance of Rs. 50000 upon successful completion of the Fellowship program
- The cost of the return 3AC fare from fellows residence to the project site location as well as expenses incurred on travelling for training programs
- Fellows will be covered by a med claim policy
2. Other Benefits under SBI Youth for India fellowship:
- Fellows will receive a certificate of completion from the SBI Foundation.
- The fellows willl also gain access to a vibrant ecosystem comprising of Alumni, partnered NGOs and other relevant organizations in the social sector, which can be utilised to explore opportunities or other valuable engagements.
- Fellows will be guided by the local NGO staff to find suitable accommodation with safety in mind.
- The partner NGO will make arrangement for necessary medical attention whenever needed.
Application Process and Selection Criteria
- Stage-1 (Preliminary Application) – In this stage, the candidates are required to share their basic details like professional background, academic details, etc.
- Stage-2 (Online Assessment) – In this stage, candidates are required to answer in-depth essay questions, which will give a glimpse into the applicant’s world-views, perceptions and overall approach towards the fellowship.
- Stage-3 (Personality Assessment & Interview) – In the last stage, candidates will need to appear in a personality assessment test, post which they will be invited for interview with the selection board.
Final Selection – The selected candidates after Stage-3 will be notified on a rolling basis during the application period via email and/or SMS. After confirmation of their participation, candidates will receive the offer letter, which specifies details of the program, fellowship support, and terms and conditions of the SBI Youth for India fellowship.
Professional or Academic engagement during the Fellowship
SBI Youth for India fellowship requires candidates to stay in the project location for the entire program duration. The dynamic nature of the fellowship on grassroots work which goes beyond the expectations of a typical job opportunity also restricts the scope for any other parallel part-time engagements during the fellowship. In the past, alumni have opted for a break from their organizations and re-joined post the completion of the fellowship. Hence, in order to make your stint successful and to make your efforts count, it is advised that candidate give their complete attention to the Fellowship.
For more scholarship and fellowship related news – Click here