The SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2023 program is a flagship program of the SBI that allows youth to work on rural development projects in partnership with experienced NGOs. The fellowship program is of 13 months with provides the best mind of the youth to connect with the rural communities, understand their difficulties, and help them with their aspirations.
The fellowship program works on improving day-to-day life in rural communities and provides a great opportunity for the youth to learn and experience transformative quality throughout the journey along with monthly stipends and other support.
Table of Contents
Structure of the SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2023
The SBI Youth for India Fellowship program focuses on 12 broad sections covering all aspects of rural development-
The SBI Youth for India Fellowship program is structured in a way in which the year of the Fellowship is broadly divided into three phases: familiarisation, implementation, and sustenance.
Phase 1: Familiarisation
- Weeklong orientation and interaction with the NGO
- Understanding the scope of work and assigning location, domain, and local mentor
- Finalization of project objective, the structure of project implementation
Phase 2: Implementation
- Working on Project implementation for a duration of around 9 months
- The fellows work on finding the solution to the challenges the community faces.
- Workshops are held along with guidance from experts and alumni to overcome any hurdles to the fellows
Phase 3: Sustenance
- In the last few months of the fellowship, it is expected that the task taken is completed
- The fellow has to identify a person from the local community or NGO who could take over the project after the fellow leaves the location
Eligibility criteria for SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2023
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen, a citizen of Nepal/Bhutan, or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- The candidate must be between 21 and 32 years of age on the day of commencement of the program, i.e., the candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1992 and not later than 1st October 2002.
- The candidate must have completed at least a Bachelor’s degree before the commencement of the program. i.e the candidate must have completed their degree before 1st October 2023.
- Note to OCI Candidates: In case the candidate doesn’t possess an OCI card currently, please visit the website of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India for OCI registration. As the process takes at least 1-3 months, it is recommended to apply for it as soon as the candidate initiates the Fellowship application.
Benefits of the SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2023
- Selected candidates for SBI Youth for India fellowship will receive a monthly allowance of Rs. 15,000 for the duration of the program to meet their living expenses.
- A monthly allowance of Rs. 1000 for the duration of the program to meet transport expenses.
- A readjustment allowance of Rs. 60,000 upon successful & satisfactory completion of the Fellowship.
- The cost of the 3AC train fare from your residence to the project site location as well as expenses incurred on traveling for training programs shall be covered.
- A health and personal accident insurance policy will also be provided.
- Candidates will be assisted by the local NGO staff to find suitable accommodation with safety in mind.
- The partner NGO will also arrange for necessary support as and when required.
- An SBI Youth for India team member will be available for overall support & guidance.
- Mentorship by experienced professionals in the field.
- Access to the community through well-established Partner NGOs
- Linkages with premier organizations of the country.
The projects will be located in Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Panjab, Meghalaya, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand, Telangana, and Jharkhand
SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2023: Steps to apply
The SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2023 program has two stages of the application process –
STAGE-1 (Registration & Online Assessment)
Fill out the registration form and begin the Online assessment. During the assessment, candidates will be asked to provide a detailed easy-based response in which they can share their story, perspectives, intention to join the Fellowship, and overall worldview.
STAGE-2 (Personal Interview)
The Personal Interview stage is where the esteemed panel evaluates the applicant’s personal characteristics and suitability for the role. This stage is designed to help the selection panel make informed decisions based on factors beyond academic qualifications and work experience and gain a deeper understanding of the person.
The selected candidates of Stage -2 will be notified on a rolling basis during the application period via email and/or SMS. On confirmation, candidates will be sent the offer letter, specifying details of the program, Fellowship support, and terms and conditions of the Fellowship.
Application link and Important dates
The Application Process for the 2023-2024 batch is open now. Candidates can register for Stage-1 (registration & Online assessment) by visiting register.you4.in
The late date for submitting the applications for the SBI Youth for India Fellowship 2023 is not yet released. Notifications and announcements about the status of the applications shall be shared on the official website and social media handles of SBI Youth for India.
For more education news and updates, click here.