In the latest cabinet meeting, the Assam government have decided to launch the Mukhya Mantri Atmanirbhar Asom scheme to promote the Atmanirbhar Assam programme. It is going to target the poor youths of the state and help them, which will eventually increase job opportunities in the state. The application portal for the same is open on the 23rd of September, 2023. All the interested candidates, who aspire to apply and get the benefits of the scheme can follow the information given below.
This visionary program under Atmanirbhar Assam aims to stimulate employment opportunities by facilitating the establishment of new entrepreneurial ventures across the state. Along with the aim to provide 2 lakh jobs in Assam, schemes such as Mukhya Mantri Atmanirbhar Asom will boost the employment-related problems in the state.
Table of Contents
Atmanirbhar Assam: Overview of the scheme
The Mukhya Mantri Atmanirbhar Asom is targeting the youths of Assam to get better opportunities on the merit of their skills and make complete progress in the Atmanirbhar Assam programme.
- The Mission seeks to encourage self-income opportunities by promoting micro-entrepreneur youths of BPL families and low-income households
- Under this scheme, income-generating activities like self-employment after professional courses, agriculture and horticulture, fisheries, poultry or dairy etc, packaging, readymade garments, plantations, wood-based industries, stationery, fabrication or hardware etc
- The beneficiaries as per their eligibility will receive 2 lakhs/ 3 Lakhs/ 5 Lakhs in two instalments in a mix of Govt grants and interest-free govt loan
- The government will select nearly 2 lakh beneficiaries for 2 years and help them acquire skills for entrepreneurship, management and accounting
- The beneficiaries will be provided with a 1-month long training programme, where they will be given all the knowledge required
- The selected candidates will be provided with Rs 10,000 during the period of the training programme
The Assam cabinet has set specific eligibility criteria to select the beneficiaries under the Atmanirbhar Assam’s Mukhya Mantri Atmanirbhar Asom scheme. They are as follows:
- The beneficiary should be a permanent resident of Assam.
- and within the age range of 28-45
- The candidate receiving the beneficiary should have passed class 10
- The candidate should have skills, knowledge etc. to undertake income-generating activities (ITI, Diploma, etc.)
- They should have no defaulted loan
- They should not belong to a family of govt service holders/pensioners
- The candidate should be only a single member of his or her family; more than one family member of that family is not eligible
- The candidate must be registered in the Employment Exchange before April 1, 2023
- Identity Proof (PAN/ Driving Licence/ Passport/ Bank Passbook/ Aadhaar/ Voter ID Card)
- Address Proof of the Applicant
- Education Qualification
- Employment Exchange Registration Card (Know how to create it)
- Bank Passbook/ Cancelled Check Book
- PAN Card
How to apply for the scheme?
To apply for the Mukhya Mantri Atmanirbhar Asom scheme, candidates need to follow these steps:
- Visit the application portal by clicking on the link given below
- Next, click on the “Sign up” button and get yourself registered by providing your name, phone number, email id and a password for future login
- Once registered, click on the ‘Scheme Registration’ button and log into the application portal
- Then enter all their details including educational and other credentials, as asked on the website
- Next, upload the documents in the prescribed format and size
- Lastly, after completing the online form fillup, submit the form for the Chief Minister’s Atmanirbhar Asom Abhijan 2023
- After successful submission, an acknowledgement slip will be generated along with a reference number. Candidates will be able to track the status of the application with the help of this reference number in the coming days.
|Announcement of Atmanirbhar Assam Abhijan 2023||12th September, 2023|
|Opening of Online Application Form||23rd September, 2023|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Link to Sign up||Click Here|
|Link to apply for Atmanirbhar Assam Abhijan 2023||Click here|
For more educational news, click here