AILET 2022 alert; NLU Delhi begins entrance examinations
NLU Delhi starts the admission of law examination. Candidates can check in the official website : https://nludelhi.ac.in/home.aspx
AILET 2022: National Law University (NLU) has started the registration process for the All India Law Examination Test (AILET), for the new session. The registration process began on the 17th of January and will continue till the 7th of April, 2022. This will be the entrance test for the BA-LLB which is a five-year programme. This is also the entrance test for LLM and Ph.D. aspiring candidates. In 2022, the examinations will commence on the 1st of May 2022.
AILET 2022: How to register?
Here are the steps to register for the examinations:
- Visit the official website
- Now, click on the option AILET Admissions
- Click the option “Click here to Apply“
- Register for the examination.
- Complete the registration by paying the fees.
About AILET examinations
AILET examination is an entrance test for 5 years integrated BA-LLB, 1 year LLM, and Ph.D. programme. Each year this examination is conducted for the selection of students in NLU. There are different numbers of seats allotted in each year for the admissions each year.
- BA-LLB : 120 seats(110 seats on AILET merit; 5 seats each for Foreign Nationals and OCI/PIO for direct admission on merit). Foreign Nationals/OCI/PIO are exempted from AILET, but should have 65% marks in the qualifying examination. Additional Supernumerary Seats: One seat for Kashmiri Migrants and two seats for residents of Jammu & Kashmir.
- LLM : 80 seats (70 seats on AILET merit; 5 seats each for Foreign Nationals and OCI/ PIO for direct admission on merit). Foreign Nationals/OCI/PIO are exempted from AILET. Additional Supernumerary Seats: One seat for Kashmiri Migrants.
- Ph.D. : 20 seats (18 seats on AILET merit and 2 seats for direct admission to Foreign Nationals on merit of Research Proposals). Foreign Nationals are exempted from AILET
- A total of 220 seats has been allocated for all.
There are different criteria of fees payment according to the reservation of the candidates.
- General: Rs 3050
- SC/ ST/ Person with Dissability (PwD): Rs 1050
- Below Povert Line category of SC/ ST/ PwD: Exemption of fees.
Also read: AICTE PG Scholarship 2021-22 forms open; apply before January 31
The exams will occur in offline mode. The Ph.D. entrance test is just mere for qualification. The eligibility includes LL.M. or an equivalent law degree with 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ ST/ PWD). The Ph.D. appearing students must secure 50% (40% for SC/ ST/ PWD) in the written test and if qualified they will be said to provide the following items:
- The Title of the Research Paper
- The brief idea, statement, and information on the subject concerned
- Research Questions, Hypothesis, and Methodology
- Research Structure
The Undergraduate (BA-LLB) and Postgraduate (LLM) occurs in the following manner
|No of Questions||150||108|
|Type of Questions||MCQ||MCQ and Descriptive (8 questions)|
Only appear for 2 out of 8
|Total marks||150||100 + (25+25)|
|Marks type||+1 (correct answer)|
-0.25 (Wrong answer)
|For MCQ=Same as UG|
No negative for descriptive
|Eligibility criteria||Senior Secondary School Examination (10+2 system) or an equivalent examination with 45% marks (40% in case of|
SC/ST/Persons with Disabilities). Candidates appearing for the 12th standard annual examination in 2022 are eligible to apply
|LL.B. or an equivalent law degree with 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disabilities). Candidates appearing for the final year LL.B. annual examination in 2022 are eligible to apply|
|Subjects||English– Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic Grammar, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc.|
General Knowledge– Current Affairs, General Science, History, Civics, Eminent Personalities, Nobel Laureates, Geography, Economics.
Legal Aptitude– Statement & Assertions, Statements & Arguments, Assertion-Reason, Number Test.
Logical Reasoning– Indian Constitution, Legal Maxims, Indian Contract Act.
|Law of Contracts, Jurisprudence, Family law, International law, Criminal Theory, Legal Theory, Law of Trots, Property Law, Constitutional Law, Legal Theory.|
The National Law University Delhi, established in 2008 by Act No. 1 of 2008 of Delhi is a premier Law University in the capital city of India. The primary objective of the University is to evolve and impart comprehensive and interdisciplinary legal education that is socially relevant. Through this education, the aim is to promote legal and ethical values and foster the rule of law and the objectives enshrined in the Constitution of India. There are different scholarships available for the students as well.