Krishna Kanta Handiqui State Open University (KKHSOU) is north-east India’s first and only state-open university. KKHSOU is currently accepting online applications from eligible candidates for PhD admission for the academic session 2023-24.
Candidates interested in pursuing PhD in any offered subjects through Regular mode can now apply for KKHSOU Admissions 2023. Registrations for the same are open and will be available till August 14, 2023. Such candidates can read this article and know about the eligibility, admission procedure, steps to apply and fee structure.
Table of Contents
|Disciplines||No. of Seats|
|Journalism and Mass Communication||5|
Who are eligible to apply?
- A candidate who has completed a 1-year/ 2-semester master’s degree program after a 4-year/ 8-semester bachelor’s degree program or a 2-year/ 4-semester master’s degree program after a 3-year bachelor’s degree program or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed.
- Or, an equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized, or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit, or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- Candidates who have completed the M.Phil. program with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for PhD Admissions.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/ Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Passport size photograph
- Final Marksheet/ Certificate of the last educational qualification
- Any Photo Identity Card (PAN/ Driving License/ Aadhaar card/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Bank Passbook with address and photo)
- Scanned Signature
- PWD (Divyangjan), Caste certificate, BPL Certificate (whatever is applicable)
How to Apply for PhD Admissions?
- Scroll down to the important links sections and click on the ‘Link to apply for PhD Admissions’, you will be redirected to the official portal of KKHSOU Admissions 2023
- Click on PhD Programme and then click on the ‘Apply Here’ link
- Now read the instruction carefully and scroll down and proceed
- Register by completing the ‘Create Account’ process
- After Registration, you can log in using the username and password sent to you in your registered email and mobile number
- Then fill in all the details and upload all the relevant documents in the prescribed format
- Lastly, pay the fees applicable and submit your form
- Kindly don’t forget to keep a copy of the acknowledgement form and fee payment receipt of KKHSOU PhD Admissions 2023 for future references
Procedure for PhD Admission
The candidates willing to complete their PhD from KKHSOU need to sit for an entrance examination. After this, candidates who have qualified the test will be considered eligible for the interview round. And the decision on the final selection will be made by the interview panel. The entrance test is fragmented into 2 parts:
- Part A: 50 marks for MCQ based on research methodology
- Part B: 50 marks for descriptive-type questions in the subject-specific
It is to be hereby noted that those who have qualified UGC-NET (JRF) or CSIR NET (JRF) may be exempted from the entrance Examination of KKHSOU PhD Admissions 2023, subject to submission of the necessary qualifying Certificate.
|Admission Fee||Rs. 20,000|
|Course Work Fee||Rs. 5000|
|Monthly Fee||Rs. 1000|
|Thesis Submission Fee||Rs. 5000|
|Examination Fee||Rs. 5000|
Important Dates and Links
|Advertisement out for PhD Admission||July 5th, 2023|
|Online Submission of application forms||July 6th, 2023|
|Last Date for submission of application forms||August 14th, 2023|
|Date of Entrance Test||August 20th, 2023|
|Date of Declaration of Results||August 30th, 2023|
|Date of Interview cum viva voce for PhD candidates||September 11th to 16th, 2023|
|Date of Admissions for Ph.D. Programme||September 20th to 27th, 2023|
|Beginning of Course Work||October 3rd, 2023|
|Link to the advertisement||Click here|
|Link to apply for PhD Admissions||Click here|
For more admission-related news, click here.