Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) has again extended the date for submitting application forms for admission into Class 6 of various Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas. This year, the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test or JNVST 2023 for Class 6 admissions will be conducted on the 29th of April, 2023. Forms for the same are open from 2nd January 2023 and the deadline was 31st of January, 2023. Then, NVS extended it upto the 8th of February 2023, but now- it is extended again up to the 15th of February, 2023.
Table of Contents
Who can Apply?
Here are the eligibility conditions that every candidate needs to satisfy to apply for Class 6 Admissions in JNVs:
- Candidates who are bonafide residents of the district and studying in class V in the academic session 2022-23 in a Government recognized school from the same district where JNV is functioning and to which they are seeking admission.
- The student should have studied full academic sessions in each class and passed classes III & IV from a Government recognized school.
- The date of birth of the student should be between the 1st of May, 2011 to the 30th of April 2013 (both days inclusive).
- The certificate verified by the Head Master mentioning the details of the candidate in the prescribed format (you can find it in the prospectus linked below)
- Signature of parent
- Signature of candidate
- Aadhaar details/ Residence certificate issued by a competent Government authority
How to apply for JNVST 2023?
- First of all, visit the admission portal of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
- Click on the link given for Registration
- Enter the details as asked in the application portal
- Next upload the candidate’s photo, signature, certificate by the Head Master, and also a signature from any one of the parents
- That’s it, submit the application form, and do not forget to download a copy of the registration form, as it will be required for future references
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The JNVST 2023 will have 80 objective-type questions of 100 marks in total. Each candidate will be given 120 minutes, i.e. 2 hours to complete the paper. However, there is a relaxation for Divyang students or differently-abled students, and they will get 40 minutes additionally to complete the paper.
|SECTIONS||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||MARKS|
|Mental Ability Test||40||50|
Section 1: Mental Ability Test (MAT)
The first section of the JNVST 2023 will have reasoning-type questions to check the mental ability of the candidate and all of them will be based on some diagrams. It is divided into 10 parts (listed below) and will have 4 questions of each type.
|PART-I (Odd Man Out)||PART-VI (Geometrical Figure Completion of Triangle, Square, Circle, etc.)|
|PART-II (Figure Matching)||PART-VII (Mirror Imagining)|
|PART-III (Pattern Completion)||PART-VIII (Punched Hole Pattern – Folding/Unfolding)|
|PART-IV (Figure Series Completion)||PART-IX (Space Visualisation)|
|PART-V (Analogy)||PART–X (Embedded Figure)|
Section 2: Arithmetic Test
The second section of the paper will have 20 mathematical questions to measure the candidate’s basic competencies in Arithmetic, and the questions will be based on the following 15 topics:
- Number and Numeric system
- Four fundamental operations on the Whole number
- Fractional numbers and four fundamental operations on them
- Factors and multiples including their properties
- LCM and HCF of numbers
- Decimals and Fundamental Operations on them
- Conversion of fractions to decimals and vice-versa
- Measurement of length, mass, capacity, time, money, etc.
- Distance, Time, and Speed
- Approximation of Expressions
- Simplification of Numerical Expressions
- Percentage and its Applications
- Profit and Loss
- Simple Interest
- Perimeter, Area, and Volume
Section 3: Language Test
The third and last section of the JNVST 2023 is to assess the reading comprehension of the candidates. This section will have 4 passages and 5 questions with each passage, that is 20 questions in total. Candidates will need to read the passages given and find out the answers to the questions given along with them.
Here is the schedule for all the procedures of JNVST 2023 for Class VI admissions:
|Opening of Application Portal||2nd January 2023|
|Last date to submit Application forms|
|Correction Window||16th & 17th of February, 2023|
|Release of Admit Cards||Not announced yet|
|Date of Exam (JNVST 2023 – Class VI)||29th April 2023|
|Announcement of Results||Not announced yet|
- All the candidates or his/ her parents should thoroughly read the Prospectus of JNVST 2023 before applying to know everything about the entrance test.
- At least 75% of Seats in a district will be filled by candidates from rural areas.
- NVS will completely follow the reservation structure laid out as per government norms for SC, ST, OBC, and Divyang candidates.
- A minimum of one-third (1/3) of the seats in JNVST 2023 are reserved for girl students.
- Candidates can also go through this Previous Year Question Booklet to know about the question pattern of the examination.
For more Education news, click here.