Gauhati University integrated programs 2023: Gauhati University, one of the leading educational institutions in Northeast India, has announced the commencement of admissions for 5 year Integrated Masters program, for the academic session 2023-24. The university has released a notification providing comprehensive details regarding the admission process, eligibility criteria, and other important information.
The Gauhati University integrated programs 2023 are open to students who have successfully completed their 12th standard examinations. Interested candidates can apply for admission which will begin from 1st of July, 2023. This course has been designed in line with the provisions of the National Education Policy (NEP)-2020, offers students the flexibility to exit at specific stages if desired.
Table of Contents
Gauhati University integrated programs 2023: Subjects and seats available
There is an inclusion of 20 subjects in the Gauhati University integrated programs 2023. The list of subjects and number of seats alloted in each subjects have been given below:
|Name of the subjects||Course||Number of seats|
|Applied Science||B.A.+ M.A. in Applied Sciences||30|
|Arabic||B.A.+ M.A. in Arabic||20|
|Assamese||B.A.+ M.A. in Assamese||10|
|Bengali||Bengali B.A.+ M.A. in Bengali||30|
|Botany||B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Botany||10|
|Computer Science||B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Computer Science||20|
|Electronics and Communication Technology||B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Electronics and Communication Technology||30|
|English||B.A.+ M.A. in English||30|
|English Language Teaching||B.A.+ M.A. in English Language Teaching||20|
|Hindi||B.A.+ M.A. in Hindi||20|
|Information Technology||B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Software Development||30|
|Information Technology||B.Voc.+ M.Voc. in Animation and Graphic Design||30|
|Library and Information Science||B.A./B.Sc.+ M.A./M.Sc. in Library and Information Science||15|
|Linguistics||B.A.+ M.A. in Linguistics||15|
|Mass Communication and journalism||B.A.+ M.A. in Mass Communication and Journalism||20|
|Persian||B.A.+ M.A. in Persian||10|
|Sanskrit||B.A.+ M.A. in Sanskrit||20|
|Sociology||B.A.+ M.A. in Sociology||20|
|Gender and Women studies||B.A.+ M.A. in Gender and Women Studies||15|
|Zoology||B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Zoology||15|
Major Features under Gauhati University integrated programs 2023
The major features of the integrated programs are given below:
- Major Selection and Change: Students will choose one subject as their Major during admission. After the first 3 Semesters, students can change their Major based on their Grade Points. Change of Major will be competitive and limited to a few students based on Merit.
- Minor Subjects:In the first 3 Semesters, students will also study two Minor subjects.Gauhati University offers Minors in various subjects, including new and innovative ones like Film Criticism and Curation, Satriya Tradition, North East India Studies, Microbiology, French Language, etc.
- Double Major Option:Students can pursue a Double Major by taking additional courses in one of the Minors during their later semesters.Additional Course Components:Students will have various additional course components as part of their curriculum, including Ability Enhancement Course (AEC), Value Added Course (VAC), Skill Enhancement Course (SEC), Multi-Disciplinary Course (MDC), Internship, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree:After 3 years of study, students will receive their B.A./B.Sc./B.Voc. (Major) Degree. Honours Degree:After 4 years, students will receive either a B.A./B.Sc./B.Voc. (Honours) Degree or a B.A./B.Sc./B.Voc. (Honours with Research) Degree based on their subject/thesis selection in the 4th year.
- Integrated Master’s Degree:After 5 years of study, students will receive their Integrated M.A./M.Sc./M.Voc. Degree.
- Exit Options:There are provisions for exits after 1 year (with a Certificate in the Subject) and after 2 years (with a Diploma in the Subject).These features provide students with flexibility in selecting and changing their Majors, exploring minor subjects, pursuing a double major, and acquiring additional skills and knowledge through various course components. The structure allows for progressive academic achievements at different stages, culminating in the attainment of a Bachelor’s Degree, Honours Degree, or Integrated Master’s Degree. Additionally, students have the option of exiting the program with a Certificate or Diploma after specific durations of study.
The Gauhati University integrated programs 2023 will be fully based on the marks obtained in class 12 examinations by the students. No entrance examinations would be conducted.
There is no application fee for applying in the Gauhati University integrated programs 2023. The authorities will not bear any fees from the students who want to apply in the given course.
Course fee structure
The course fee structure for the courses are given below:
- Gauhati University integrated programs 2023 (Humanities/ Arts) = Rs 14,500 per semester
- Gauhati University integrated programs 2023 (Science & Vocational courses) = Rs 16,500 per semester
The important dates regarding Gauhati University integrated programs 2023 are detailed below:
|Starting date for online form fillup||1st of July, 2023|
|Closing date for online form fillup||7th of July, 2023|
|Declaration of merit list||10th of July, 2023|
|Admission dates||Not declared yet|
|Commencement of classes||1st of August, 2023|
Gauhati University integrated programs 2023: Steps to apply
The students need to follow the given steps to apply for the program in which they are interested:
- The students need to visit the Official Website
- The applicant need to select on the option ‘UG-PG Programme Admission 2023’
- The applicant then need to click the option ‘Application for Five Years Integrated Masters Programme – 2023’ which will redirect them to the main application portal
- By providing the personal phone number and Date Of Birth (DOB), the applicant can start their form fillup procedure
- The applicant should fill all the details of the information as directed on the portal
- With proper dimension ratio ss mentioned in the official website, the applicant should upload documents, passport photo and signature
- The students should click ‘SUBMIT’ button, after providing all the details
- Once the Submit option is clicked, no changes can be done by the applicant
For more educational news, click here