The Office of the Controller of Examinations Jamia Millia Islamia has recently released the notification for the Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. admission 2022-23 session. The notice informs that the online application portal for admission to the Ph.D. programs will be available on the university’s official website from the 22nd of November 2022.
The online application portal for Ph.D. admission will be available till 22nd December 2022 and the detailed schedule for admission will also be soon released by the university.
Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. admission 2022 Written Test was conducted from May 27 to May 29, 2022, and the personal interview was conducted in the 2nd week of July 2022.
Table of Contents
For admission to Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. admission 2022, a candidate must have obtained at least a Second Class Masters Degree with not less than 55% of marks of a University or a Degree recognized by the University as its equivalent in the subject in which the candidate wishes to pursue a course of research or in a subject allied thereto.
The candidate shall apply for admission to the Ph. D. program or an integrated M. Phil./ Ph.D. program of the University where candidates need to qualify for the two stages of selection i. e Written exam and an Interview.
The application for admission shall be submitted to the Department/Faculty/Center concerned along with a Demand Draft of Rs.1,000/- drawn in favor of the Registrar, Jamia Millia Islamia.
For the Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. admission 2022 candidates who satisfied the below-mentioned conditions need not appear for the written examination but need to appear for the interview round.
- Candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR (JRF) Examination/SLET/GATE or have successfully completed M. Phil. Program from a recognized university/ institution.
- The teacher fellowship holders provided that the competent employing authority issues a No Objection Certificate to the candidate to join the Ph. D. program and an undertaking that the candidate will be granted leave for the duration of the required course work.
Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. admission 2022 Entrance Test and Interview
The medium of the Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. admission 2022 Entrance Test shall be English, except in the case of the language departments, and qualifying for the Entrance Test will in no way entitle the candidate to any right to admission to Ph.D. program, candidate has to go through the interview round also. The question paper in written examination for each subject will consist of two Sections A and B.
- Section A shall include 50 multiple choices (objective type) questions of one mark each on teaching and research aptitude, reasoning, comprehension, language, writing and analytical skills, and contemporary issues relevant to research and higher education. It shall be of one-hour duration.
- Section – B shall have a weightage of 100 marks out of which 50 marks will be assigned to 50 multiple choices (objective type) questions of one mark each and a set of subjective types of questions having a weightage of another 50 marks. This section shall be of two hours in duration.
- Note: The candidates must obtain a minimum of 50 percent marks each in Section A and B sets of the Entrance Test separately to qualify for the interview.
- Interview – Candidates qualifying for the Jamia Millia Islamia Ph.D. admission 2022 Entrance test shall be required to prepare a synopsis of the proposed research and submit it to the Department/ Faculty/ Center concerned.
- The synopsis should include : (i) Topic of research, (ii) Objectives, (iii) Current state of the literature related to the proposed topic, (iv) Proposed Research Work, (v) Methodology, (vi) References, (vii) any other relevant information the researcher would like to submit.
For more education news and updates, click here.