Post Matric Scholarship for students belonging to minority communities; know details
The application portal for Post Matric Scholarship for students belonging to minority communities is live now. Read the article to get detailed information.
The Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India has released the notification for the Post Matric Scholarship for students belonging to minority communities Scheme. Under this scheme, five (05) lakh scholarships are targeted to be distributed to Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain, and Zoroastrians (Parsis) who have been notified as minority communities by the government of India.
Objective of the Post Matric Scholarship
The scheme aims to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority communities to provide them with better opportunities for higher education.
Also read: Cotton University UG Admissions 2022: Courses available, Eligibility, Cutoff, apply now
Eligibility for Post Matric Scholarship
- The applicant must be studying either in Classes XI or XII, technical and vocational courses of this level, or Polytechnics, ITIs, and other courses.
- The scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grades in the previous final examination.
- The annual income of parents/ guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2 lakhs.
Benefits of the Post Matric Scholarship
The scholarships shall be provided for the entire course of one academic year, which will be extended for another year when accepted for renewal.
|Category of Scholarship||Amount|
|Admission and tuition fee Class XI & XII, subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)||Rs. 7,000/- per annum|
|Admission and course/ tuition fees for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level (Courses of one or more years of duration), subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)||Rs. 10,000/- per annum|
|Admission and tuition fee for UG & PG level, subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)||Rs. 3,000/- per annum|
|For Class XI & XII including Tech. & Voc. Course||Rs. 380/- per month (Hosteller)|
Rs. 230/- per month (Day Scholar)
|For Courses other than Tech. & Prof. courses at UG & PG level||Rs. 570/- per month (Hosteller) |
Rs. 300/- per month (Day Scholar)
|For M.Phil & Ph.D.||Rs. 1,200/- per month (Hosteller)|
Rs. 550/- per month (Day Scholar)
Criteria for Renewal of the Post Matric Scholarship
The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during the next academic year of the course on the production of a certificate that the student has secured 50% marks in the previous year’s examination (provided the student pursues the same course and same Institute /School).
Selection Procedure for Post Matric Scholarship
The selection procedures for both the Fresh and Renewal category are different from one another, which are as follows-
Fresh – As the number of scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and limited, it is necessary to lay down preference for selection. Inter-selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks (the applicant is required to submit an income certificate. In the case of the same income, merit shall be generated from the ‘Date of Birth’ criteria of the applicant (senior is preferred).
Renewal – There is no merit list generation for renewal cases. Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (at the same institute and in the same course) and his/her application is verified by all authorities (as designated by the Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by the State Governments /UT.
Important dates for the Post Matric Scholarship
The application portal for the Scholarship is live now and interested candidates can visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) and apply for the Post Matric Scholarship.
|Scheme closing date||30th October 2022|
|Defective Application Verification closing date||15th November 2022|
|Institute Verification closing date||15th November 2022|
Documents required for Post Matric Scholarship
- A passport-size photo of the applicant
- Income Certificate of Parent/ Guardian issued by the Competent Authority in the State/ UT
- A self-certified Community Certificate from the applicant who has attained 18 years of age and for others, the Community Certificate certified by a parent/ guardian is required
- Applicants for Scholarships under the MCM-based Scheme have to upload a self-attested Mark Sheet, indicating that the applicant has secured no less than 50% marks in the last qualifying exam at a higher secondary/ graduation level
- Bank Account number of the Student along with the IFSC Code of the bank branch (for Pre Matric Scheme where students do not have their own bank account, parents can provide their own account details).
- Aadhaar number of the student and if Aadhaar is not available then copies of the bank passbook and Aadhaar enrolment ID (if applied for Aadhaar)
- The scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family (applicable for all Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- Migration of students from one school /institute to another is not allowed for renewal applicants during the period of an academic course.
- A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available Scholarships of the Central Government meant for SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority.
For more education news and updates, click here.