Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) has opened the registration portal for receiving online applications from eligible candidates to admit them in Class 9 of various Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, according to the available vacancies. The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test, JNVST 2023 for Class 9 will be conducted on the 11th of February, 2022 and the application process will remain open upto 15th October 2022.
Table of Contents
Who can apply?
- Only those candidates who are bonafide residents and studying Class VIII during the Academic Session 2022-23 in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought, are eligible.
- Candidates appearing for the admission test must qualify/ pass Class VIII in the academic session 2022-23 from a Govt./ Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission. The students who have already passed class VIII in previous academic sessions are not eligible.
- A candidate seeking admission must be born between 01.05.2008 and 30.04.2010 (both days inclusive). This is applicable to all categories of candidates including those who belong to the OBC (Central List), Scheduled Castes, and Scheduled Tribe.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to a MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the candidate, in case any doubt arises about the age on the basis of the certificate produced by the candidate before confirmation of admission.
How to apply for JNVST 2023?
- First of all, visit the admission portal of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
- Click on the link given for Registration
- Choose the state and district, then enter candidate’s personal and communication details
- Next upload the candidate’s photo, signature, and also a signature from any one of the parents
- Lastly, enter the candidate’s academic information and submit the application form
- Do not forget to download a copy of the application form after final submission and keep it safe, as it will be required for future references
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The JNVST 2023 for admission against the vacant seats of Class 9 in all the operational 650 JNVs of India will be of 100 marks. Candidates will be given 150 minutes (i.e. 2 ½ hours) and the paper will be of objective type, which students will need to answer in the OMR sheet provided. The medium of the test paper will be English/ Hindi.
The JNVST 2023 (Class IX) will consist of questions from the subjects of Mathematics, General Science, English, and Hindi. The difficulty level of the test paper shall be that of Class VIII standards. And candidates can download the detailed syllabus by clicking here and start preparing accordingly for the entrance test.
Exam Date and Centre
The selection test for admission to Class IX will be conducted on Saturday, the 11th of February, 2023 in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district. NVS might also allot any other centre, that will be clearly written on the admit cards of appearing candidates.
Here is the schedule for all the procedures of JNVST 2023 for Class IX admissions:
|Opening of Application Portal||2nd September 2022|
|Last date to submit Application forms||15th October 2022|
|Release of Admit Cards||Not announced yet|
|Date of Exam (JNVST 2023 – Class IX)||11th February 2022|
|Announcement of Results||Not announced yet|
For more Education news and updates, click here.