The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has notified about the Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Specially- abled students in technical degree courses for the academic year 2022-23.
The Saksham Scholarship Scheme is launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and implemented by AICTE to provide encouragement and support to specially-abled youths of the country to pursue technical degree courses and prepare for a successful future through technical education/ knowledge.
Table of Contents
- For the Saksham Scholarship Scheme, the candidate should be admitted to the First year of the Degree level course or the Second year of the Degree-level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE-approved institutions of the respective year.
- Specially abled students, having a disability of not less than 40%.
- Family income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by State /UT Government needs to be enclosed.
- The grant of scholarship is subject to the condition that the student does not receive any financial assistance in the shape of scholarship/any emoluments, salary, stipend, etc. from any other source during her/ his course of study in the Institute. In case of receipt of any financial assistance from any other sources, the scholarship shall be discontinued and the entire amount of the scholarship will have to be refunded to AICTE by D/Draft drawn in favor of “Member Secretary, AICTE” payable at New Delhi.
All eligible specially-abled students admitted to the First year of Degree level course OR Second year of Degree level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE-approved institutions will get the scholarship.
Benefits of the Saksham Scholarship Scheme
- The candidates will be awarded an amount of Rs. 50,000/- per annum for every year of study i.e. maximum of 4 years for first-year admitted students and a maximum of 3 years for second-year admitted students through lateral entry as a lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipment, software, etc. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
- No documentary proof needs to be attached for the above while availing of benefits.
The application portal for the Saksham Scholarship Scheme for specially-abled students is live now, interested candidates can visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) and apply for the Scholarship.
|Scheme closing date||31st October 2022|
|Defective Application Verification closing date||15th November 2022|
|Institute Verification closing date||15th November 2022|
Guidelines for renewal
- The Saksham Scholarship Scheme for specially-abled students’ in technical degree courses will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of renewal through National Scholarship Portal by submitting a passing certificate/ mark sheet along with a letter from the Head of the Institution on the online portal.
- A student failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
- The gap period between the year of passing the qualifying examination and the session of admission to degree courses should not be more than two years.
- For converting the Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) to a percentage, the multiplying factor will be 9.5 i.e. to convert the CGPA into a percentage; CGPA X 9.5 will give the percentage.
- After selection, the awardee will be paid a scholarship through DBT mode on an annual basis.
For more Scholarship updates, click here.