HS 1st Year Admission 2023: The Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) issued an official notice on the 25th of May, 2023 regarding the process of admission of students into the Higher Secondary (HS) First Year course for the session 2023-2024. For HS 1st Year Admission 2023 into different Universities, Degree Colleges, Senior Secondary Schools, and Higher Secondary Schools under AHSEC, candidates need to fill up applications in the DARPAN portal and apply for the course and institutions, they wish to opt for.
AHSEC opened the Darpan portal on the 29th of May, 2023, and candidates have time upto the
9th 17th of June, 2023 to fill out their applications. In this article, you can find all the details about HS 1st Year Admission 2023, like eligibility criteria, steps to apply, important dates, etc.
Table of Contents
Who can apply?
Any candidate who has passed Class 10th this year or in previous years from SEBA or any other recognized board can apply for Class 11 admissions through the Darpan portal. The application portal for HS 1st Year Admission 2023 will be live till
9th 17th June 2023 and candidates can fill out their forms by following the steps mentioned below.
All the students, who are going to apply for HS 1st Year Admission 2023 will need the following images/ documents with them while filling out the forms:
- A passport-size photograph
- An image of your signature
- Class 10th marksheet
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Gap Certificate (if you have dropped out in earlier years)
- Certificate of disability (for concerned candidates)
HS 1st Year Admission 2023: How to apply?
- Visit the Darpan Portal
- Click on the button saying ‘Student admission’
- Now scroll down and click on the link given for new registrations
- A registration form will appear, enter all your basic details along with your educational info from the Class 10 examination; and then upload your image passport photo & Class 10 marksheet
- Once done, click on the ‘Proceed to next’ button and note down the 4-digit PIN you entered
- Next, go to the home page, and log in using your mobile number, date of birth, and the PIN, you had set in the previous step
- Now fill up all the details as asked in the portal and then choose your desired college/ institution along with your preferred courses
- Lastly, preview your form and submit it
- Also, download a copy of the application form for HS 1st Year Admission 2023, as it will be required in the coming time
Guidelines for Students
- An applicant has to submit an application online through the “DARPAN” Portal.
- A student can apply up to a maximum of five (5) number of applications.
- The profile of a student can be edited only once before verification of the applications by the institution.
- The published Selection List and Waiting List for HS 1st Year Admission 2023 will be made available in the DARPAN portal for the students. The students will be notified of their selection through SMS.
- After the publication of the Selection List, students are advised to accept only one admission offered by the institution for admission using their login id in the portal at the earliest. After approval, there will be no option for a student to change the institution.
- The student should get admitted to the institution concerned within the stipulated time period to complete the admission process.
- Students will be allowed to change their preferred Subject(s)/ Stream at the time of admission and the institution concerned will have to update the same in the portal on the day of admission.
Guidelines for Institutions
- The Institutions need to ensure that online verification is conducted for admissions into HS first-year courses in a proper manner. On receiving the applications, the institution concerned will be able to verify the submitted applications.
- After the verification of applications, the Selection and Waiting List for HS 1st Year Admission 2023 will be prepared by the institutions concerned.
- The selection and waiting list for HS 1st Year Admission 2023 will be made available in the portal for the students. Moreover, students will also receive notification of their selection through SMS.
- The institution concerned will have to update the Selection List from the Waiting List on a regular basis on the arrival of vacancies in the Selection List after acceptance of admission by the students.
- Once a selected student accepts the admission offered by the institutions, the institutions will have to click the “Confirm admission” button to complete the admission process in the portal using Institution Login ID on a daily basis during the admission process latest by 17th June 2023. The Institution will be able to confirm the admission of only those students who have accepted the Admission Offer. At the time of admission, all the Institutions concerned are requested to physically verify all the relevant documents submitted by the students.
- The institutions will be able to change the preferred subject(s)/ stream of a student at the time of admission only with due consent from the student and the institution concerned will have to update the same in the portal on the day of admission. Moreover, changes/ modifications in the stream and Subjects of students will be available in the DARPAN portal even after the admission process is over. However, on final submission of registration, a student shall not be allowed to change the subject(s) or stream.
- The institution concerned will be allowed to remove the students from the Selection List who have not accepted the admission offer in the stipulated time if desires so. Accordingly, the institution will be able to add new students from the Waiting List after the removal of application(s) from the Selection List.
- Institutions should refrain from getting students admitted without his/ her consent.
- Institutions registered under the DARPAN portal shall not allow getting enrolled students of other institution(s) through them.
- In case of the wrong upload of the document(s) by the students, the institution concerned will be able to upload the correct required document(s) as provided by the students.
Dates & Events
|Opening of the Darpan portal for HS 1st Year Admission 2023||29th of May, 2023|
|Submission of online application ends on||17th of June, 2023|
|Preparation of selection list/ waiting list by the institutions||19th to 21st June 2023|
|Publication of provisional selection list/ waiting (Valid upto 24th June 2023)||21st June 2023|
|Acceptance of admission by students||22nd to 24th of June, 2023|
|Confirmation of admission by Institutions in “Darpan” (Online)||26th – 28th of June, 2023|
|Application Portal for HS 1st Year Admission 2023||Click here|
|Official Notification (25th May, 2023)||Click here|
|Notice about deadline extension (9th June 2023)||Click here|
|User Manual about the Application Procedure||Click here|
- No offline Admission shall be conducted by institutions.
- The Registration process for Session 2023-24 will be started in the 1st week of August 2023 and only those students will be allowed to complete the registration process who have completed the admission process through the “DARPAN” portal.
- In case any candidate got queries regarding the HS 1st Year Admission 2023, she or he may approach to as mentioned within the working hours, 10:30 AM to 5:00 PM:
- [email protected]
- 80110 98621
- 99574 28585
For more educational news and updates, click here.