The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has released the notification for the PM Yasasvi Central Sector scholarship scheme for top-class education in schools for Other Backward Class (OBC), Economically Backward Class (EBC), and Denotified and Nomadic Tribes (DNT) students implemented by the along with the assistance of the State Governments and the National Scholarship Portal.
The government through this PM Yasasvi central sector scholarship scheme aims to provide premium education to the meritorious students belonging to OBC, EBC, and DNT categories by funding their education from Class 9 onwards till they complete class 12.
Table of Contents
Eligibility criteria for PM Yasasvi Central Sector scholarship
- Applicant must belong to either of the OBC, EBC, and DNT categories.
- The annual income of the candidate’s family should be less than Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
- The top performing schools which consistently secure 100% passes in Classes 10th and 12th would be selected by a selection committee constituted under the Chairmanship of the Joint Secretary (BC) and with representation from the Department of School Education and the NITI Ayog. These schools will be termed ‘Top Class Schools (TCSs)’ for the purpose of this scheme.
- The TCSs can be public (Central/ State/ Local Body) or aided schools or private schools.
- Students studying in schools assisted under this Scheme shall not be eligible for assistance under any other scheme of the government for the items/ purposes already covered under this scheme.
Benefits of the scholarship
- The PM Yasasvi Central Sector scholarship grants will be provided for tuition fees, hostel fees, and other charges as required by the school, subject to a maximum of Rs. 75,000 per annum per student of class 9 and l0 and Rs. 1,25,000/- per annum per student of class 11 and 12.
- At least 30% of these scholarships are reserved for girls.
- The OBC/ EBC/ DNT students already studying in the TCSs can apply to the National Scholarship Portal for the scholarship along with the marks they have obtained in the final exam of the previous class.
- The number of slots for each State would be allocated based on the OBC population of that area.
- The sanction of the PM Yasasvi Central Sector scholarship will be done on a merit basis.
- These applications have to be verified online by the Nodal Officers of the School and confirmed by the State Government online.
- There shall be a State-wise merit list for each class for boys and girls separately prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in the final exam of the previous class, and allocation of the PM Yasasvi Central Sector scholarship shall be automatically done on merit.
Important dates and links
|Closing of the application portal
|31st January 2023
|Closing of institute verification
|15th February 2023
- The students must have a Bank Account and while applying under the scheme should provide all necessary details.
- The release of funds will be directly into the account of beneficiaries through DBT mode.
- The Payment will be made in installments and is released before 15th August each year.
For more education news and updates, click here.