IIT Roorkee Recruitment 2023: The Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee is recruiting eligible candidates to work together in various posts. As per the advertisement: IITR/Rect Cel/2023/1, dated 13th of July 2023, the online registration process will be available from the 14th of July, 2023 to 13th of August, 2023 till 11:59:59 P.M. Interested candidates can register themselves online through the instructions contained herein.
Table of Contents
Posts Available for IIT Roorkee Recruitment 2023
Group-B (Pay Level-6, Rs. 35400 – 112400)
- Junior Technical Superintendent
- Assistant Security Officer (Female)
- Assistant Safety Officer
- Junior Technical Architect
- Coach (Table Tennis-1, Swimming-1)
- Staff Nurse-1
- Staff Nurse (Psychiatric)-1
- Junior Technical Superintendent (Pathology)
- Junior Superintendent
Group C (Pay Level-3, Rs. 21700 – 69100)
- Junior Lab Assistant
- Driver grade-2
- Junior Assistant
IIT Roorkee Recruitment 2023: Vacancies Available
|Name of post
|Number of Posts
|Junior Technical Superintendent
|Assistant Security Officer (Female)
|Assistant Safety Officer
|Junior Technical Architect
|Coach (Table Tennis-1, Swimming-1)
|(a) Staff Nurse-1,
(b) Staff Nurse (Psychiatric)-1
|Junior Technical Superintendent (Pathology)
|Junior Lab Assistant
Educational Qualification required for IIT Roorkee Recruitment 2023
Junior Technical Superintendent
- M.Sc in (Electronics/ Computer Science/ Chemistry/ Physics)
- OR B. Tech/B.E.
- OR B.Sc. with two years’ relevant experience
- OR MCA with one year of experience. Knowledge of computer applications
Assistant Security Officer (Female)
- Graduate with 4 years of relevant experience
- Should have Military or NCC and Fire Fighting training
- Be able to drive light vehicles/ motor cycle and handle firearms, in addition to having sound health and active habits.
Assistant Safety Officer
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Production with at least 60% marks from a recognized University/ Institution with a full-time Diploma in Industrial Safety from a Regional Labor Institute/ institution recognized under the Factories Act/ Rules or Engineering Degree in Industrial Safety/ Fire & Safety with at least 60% marks from a University/Institution recognized under the Factories Act/ Rules.
- And Minimum 01-year working experience in compliance with safety regulations under the Factories Act. Developing, auditing and improving safety systems. Promotions of safety consciousness amongst employees and examination of machinery, equipment and building from the safety angle. Experience in organizing safety training and firefighting would be an added advantage. Post-qualification experience in relevant areas shall be counted from the date a candidate has acquired the Degree in Engineering.
Junior Technical Architect
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (B.Arch); preferably, first division from Architect recognized University or Institution.
- Registered with the Council of Architecture (COA)
- 03 years relevant experience; preferably, working experience in a Higher Education Institute.
- Master’s Degree in Urban Design/ Design/ Architecture/ Building Engineering & Management
- Practical hands-on knowledge of the relevant software(s) used in architectural practices
Coach (Table Tennis-01, Swimming-01)
- University Degree and recognized Diploma in Physical Education or BPEd from Laxmibai College of Physical Education or equivalent
- Distinguished sportsmen who have represented the Country in recognized International events may also be made eligible for appointment on a contractual basis provided they possess a University Degree and the condition of possessing a Diploma in Physical Education or equivalent qualification shall not apply.
- Diploma in sports coaching from NSNIS, Patiala or equivalent in the above games.
- At least two years of coaching at CFTI/ University/ PG level Institutions.
- Intermediate OR 10+2 OR Equivalent and must have passed the examination held by the Nursing Council with 03 years of course in General Nursing and Midwifery.
- Desirable: 01-year experience in a hospital recognized by the Central or State Nursing Council. Those possessing a degree in Nursing may be granted two advance increments in the scale of pay.
Staff Nurse (Psychiatric)
- Intermediate OR 10+2 OR Equivalent
- Must have passed the examination held by the Nursing Council with 03 years of course in General Nursing and Midwifery.
- Diploma in Psychiatric/ Mental health nursing,
- OR MSc in Psychiatric nursing.
Junior Technical Superintendent (Pathology)
M.Sc. (Medical Lab Pathology) OR B.Sc. (Medical Lab Pathology) from a recognized University/ Institute at least with 02 years of experience. He or She should have working knowledge of computers and be able to handle all laboratory functions including Hematology, Immunology, Serology, Biochemistry, Histopathology Microbiology etc. Must also be able to handle daily calibration, quality control and standardization of new procedures.
- Master Degree. OR Bachelor’s Degree with two years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of computer office applications & Secretariat practices
Junior Lab Assistant
Bachelor’s Degree in the appropriate field. OR BCA OR Diploma in Engineering of three Assistant years’ duration in appropriate field. Knowledge of computer applications (Appropriate field relates to Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Electronics & Communication/ Electrical / Civil/ Architecture/ Design/ Chemical Earthquake/ Bioscience & Bioengineering/ Earth Science/ Hydrology/ Water Resource Development & Management/ Hydro & Renewable Energy/ Mechanical & Industrial Metallurgical & Materials/ Paper Technology/ Polymer & Process Engineering.)
Senior Secondary (10+2) pass with Driving License for both heavy and light duty vehicles with 03 years of driving and maintenance experience OR 10+2 pass with ITI course with a Driving license for both heavy and light duty vehicles with 02 years of relevant experience.
Bachelor’s Degree with knowledge of computer office applications.
- Age Limit:
|For Group B posts
|From 18 years to 32 years
|For Group C posts
|From 18 years to 27 years
How to apply for IIT Roorkee Recruitment 2023?
- Visit the official website of IIT Roorkee Recruitment 2023
- Then click on the link that reads, “Apply online for Non-Teaching Positions”
- Register yourself first to proceed further
- Login using the registered credentials
- Enter all your personal and educational details
- Upload the necessary documents
- Make the payment using the available payment services
- Take a printout copy of the application form and the payment receipt for further reference
The candidates are required to pay a non-refundable application fee for each post through Institute’s online recruitment portal:
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ Women/ IIT Roorkee regular employees
Selection Procedure of IIT Roorkee Recruitment 2023
The selection process of IIT Roorkee Recruitment 2023 shall have two-tier tests. Tier-1 examination will be only for Screening and shortlisting for second-level Tests.
Tier-II at the second level examination for the shortlisted candidates will be in the form of a job-oriented written test and/or typing test on a Computer (Hindi and English), as applicable, corresponding to the job description of corresponding posts. The merit list for final selection will be made only on the basis of qualifying marks obtained in the Tier-II examination.
In case any candidate faces technical or non-technical difficulties in applying for IIT Roorkee Recruitment 2023 regarding the written examination or skill test, he/she may also reach out the Recruitment Examination Cell as below:
- Email: [email protected]
- Contact No: 01332-285110
The candidates are advised to keep an eye on the official website for the latest notifications regarding the IIT Roorkee Recruitment 2023.
Key Dates and Important Links
|Opening of online applications
|14th of July, 2023
|Closing of online applications
|13th of August, 2023
|Online application form
|Online application form login
For more news and updates, click here.