Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students in Technical Diploma courses 2022-23; apply now
The application portal for Pragati Scholarship Scheme for girl students in technical diploma courses is live now, interested candidates can read the complete article and apply.
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has notified about the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students pursuing technical education in diploma-level courses for the academic year 2022-23. The AICTE has implemented this scheme to give more support and opportunity to 5,000 young women pursuing technical education through the scholarship.
Also, and in a true sense, “Empowering women through Technical Education” by providing women with Education, Skills, Self- Confidence which are all necessary to participate in the development process of society.
Also read: Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship 2022: Registration started, know complete details
- The girl candidate should be admitted to the First year of the Diploma level course or in the Second year of the Diploma level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE-approved institutions of the respective year.
- A maximum of two girl children per family are eligible.
- Family income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 8 lakh per annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by State/ UT Government needs to be enclosed.
- The gap period between the year of passing the qualifying examination and the session of admission in the degree course should not be more than two years.
Selection criteria for Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students
- The selection of candidates for the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students in diploma level courses will be carried out solely on the basis of the merit of the qualifying examination to peruse the Technical Diploma course from any of the AICTE-approved institutions i.e. in the First year or Second year (through lateral entry only) on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the 10th/ equivalent examination.
- State/ UT-wise merit list will be prepared as per the number of scholarships allotted.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The selected candidates will be awarded Rs. 50,000/- per year for every year of study i.e. maximum of 3 years for first-year admitted students and a maximum of 2 years for second-year admitted students through lateral entry as a lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipment, software, etc. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
In addition to 5,000 scholarships, all eligible girls who submit online scholarship forms, from the 13 Union Territories and the North Eastern States will be given the scholarship by AICTE.
The application portal for the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students is live now, interested candidates can visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) and apply for the Scholarship.
|Scheme closing date||31st October 2022|
|Defective Application Verification closing date||15th November 2022|
|Institute Verification closing date||15th November 2022|
Guidelines for renewal
- The Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students’ in technical diploma courses will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of renewal through National Scholarship Portal by submitting a passing certificate/ mark sheet along with a letter from the Head of the Institution on the online portal.
- A student failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would forfeit the scholarship.
Important Points for Pragati Scholarship Scheme
- After the selection of the Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girl students in technical diploma courses, the awardee will be paid the amount through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode on an annual basis.
- The reservation of scholarship slots will be as per Govt. of India norms.
- For converting Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) to percentage, multiplying factor will be 9.5 i.e. to convert the CGPA into percentage; CGPA multiplied by 9.5 will give the percentage.
- The grant of scholarship is subject to the condition that the student does not receive any financial assistance in the shape of scholarship/any emoluments, salary, stipend, etc. from any other source during her course of study in the Institute. In case of receipt of any financial assistance from any other sources, the scholarship shall be discontinued and the entire amount of the scholarship will have to be refunded to AICTE by D/Draft drawn in favor of “Member Secretary, AICTE” payable at New Delhi
For more Scholarship updates, click here.