Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2022, apply now
The application process for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship has started, interested candidates can apply now.
The Association of Commonwealth Universities has opened the application portal for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship (QECS) for the 2022-23 session. The QECS scholarship offers an opportunity for students to study for two years of a Master’s degree course in a low or middle-income Commonwealth country.
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship program aims to provide an opportunity to students who are committed to creating change in their communities. Interested students can apply for various master’s degree courses in different universities among the four commonwealth countries available, which are Fiji, Papua New Guinea, South Africa, and Sri Lanka.
Also read : NIT Meghalaya Summer Internship Program 2022; know more
And the universities offering different courses are- The University of the South Pacific, Papua New Guinea University of Technology, North-West University, Rhodes University, Stellenbosch University, University of Johannesburg, University of Pretoria (UP), University of Venda, University of Colombo, and the University of Sri Jayewardenepura.
Eligibility for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
- The candidate must be either a citizen, refugee, or permanent resident of a Commonwealth country.
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree at the time of application. As part of the application process, the candidate will be asked to provide a copy of the candidate’s final transcript and degree certificate.
- And there is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
Steps to apply for Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
The last date for applying to the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship program is the 24th of May 2022 and candidates can apply for the Scholarship program by visiting the official website of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU). Here are the steps you should follow:
- Visit the official website of the Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Create a MyACU account using your email and then log in using the given credentials
- A list of instructions will be sent to the candidate’s email, following those candidates can fill up the application form
- Submit and save a copy of the application form for future references
Note: The candidate will need to submit an application for admission to their chosen university course directly to the university in addition to completing a QECS application.
Highlights of the Scholarship
The selected candidate will receive the following benefits:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for the duration of the award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
The selection list for those who have applied for the courses starting from July to October will be released in July and for those who have applied for the courses starting in January or February will be released in the month of October.
For more Education news and updates, click here.